Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

More Ireland including Best Latte!!

Back with more on my July trip to Ireland and England. I'm still on Day 3 (July 21st) and am sharing some photos my friend Heather took as well as my own. In this post I talked about St Canice's Cathedral and showed my photo of a set of its doors. Here's Heather's photo of the building, including the doors, with grounds - she had walked up a hill behind the cemetery to get this shot. She calls it one of her "where's Linda?" series (and no, I'm not sitting to the right of the cathedral - I think that's the priest!).


From the Cathedral we headed off to find the "best coffee in Ireland" about which the craft shop clerk had told us. He didn't know the name of the place but said it was a grey building just down the way. Several blocks later we finally spotted it and learned its name - Cakeface Paisserie. It was a small but charming place that included a back patio (a place for the smokers to hang out so we avoided it). Here I am eyeing the goodies like a kid in a candy store:


Oh my, what to choose?? Finally settled on a red velvet and a pistachio cake, plus a latte for me; Heather prefers tea. That latte tasted amazing and the cakes were divine too. I told the staff that it was a good thing I didn't live in Kilkenny because I'd be there every day.


I took what I thought was a darling photo of Heather at Cakeface but she didn't like it - so I'm not sharing. You'll have to settle for these photos of me... No, I didn't eat both cakes - Heather and I shared! And it was the best latte, EVER, and I've had many.

Here's another view (see mine here) of Kilkenny Castle - another one in Heather's "where's Linda?" series.


Yes, I'm the poor idiot in the foreground wearing capri pants; there weren't many dressed that way, although there were some. It was cold and rainy but I only had one pair of long jeans and they were dirty from a doggy jumping on me at Blessington on Day 2. As usual, Heather was willing to walk far enough away to get a good shot. We walked all around the building and saw a couple of rowing teams practicing on the river to the right of the castle. All that footage is on my camcorder.

I'll share an ATC I made at home for Heather and brought in my suitcase, along with a card I'd been saving in my stash for years for the right occasion. I also brought a few crafty items and Heather was sweet enough to gift me some fun stuff to add to my stash (will share cards with her gifts in future).

Supplies: Paper - DCWV shimmer paper; Michael's green; Neenah white
Dies - Tim Holtz ATC; Lawn Fawn grassy border; Momenta words
Stamps - Hero Arts From the Vault Flowers (with matching die)
Other - Copic markers

That's it for Day 3. Thanks for stopping by and I'll try to share more photos from my trip!

6 comments:

Betty said...

again - love seeing the Ireland pictures - envy your trip!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, gorgeous photos, gorgeous treats and a great latte! who could ask for more?!

stampingandstitching said...

I have great memories (apart from the mad traffic!) of our fun day in Kilkenny. Just looking at those photos from Cakeface makes me think I'll have to visit again very soon:) Thanks again for the wonderful ATC and card, love them and all of the other goodies too!

Cindy C. said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful phots and pretty card!

Dawn T said...

Totally awesome pics Linda. We spend a night in Kilkenny... had the most awesome dinner and listened to a great musical group. Visit Kilkeeny Castle as well. Beautiful place. We visited Blarney Castle and Waterford at the same time

Greta said...

So fun to see yours & Heather's photos! Boy do I wish I'd been with you at the coffee shop--cakes & latte look amazing! So many elements on your beautiful ATC, Linda!