Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, August 4, 2019

CAS Christmas - Glitter!

LOL - I no more than finished yesterday's cards with glitter when CAS Christmas announced the August challenge - Glitter!! Excellent - I have plenty of need for glittery cards. Hope my card is CAS enough - I layered a glittery sentiment over the plain white one on this ornament; that was the fiddly part of the process. It's a rather large diecut so I made an A6 card to get enough white space. It looked really cramped on an A2!! Should I have gone up to an A7?? Anyway, here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Paper Studio Glitter; Momenta Watercolor
Stamps - Pink and Main Deck the  Halls (with matching die)
Dies - Simon Says Stamp Merry Christmas Ornament; My Favorite Things Blueprints 26 (bow)
Other - B00 Copic Marker; Michael's gem colored with a red Copic; ultra thin foam; silver washi by unk

Last month's CAS Christmas challenge had snowflakes as the theme so I took out this lovely SSS ornament die thinking to get another entry in. Oh well, didn't happen so I thought I'd use it this month! After cutting the ornament in white, leaving all the bits in, I colored the background portion with a blue Copic. I slipped a couple times onto the white snowflakes so I cut another white one and layered over top. Then I cut just the sentiment portion in red glitter paper and the hanger portion in silver; added a bow and hung the ornament from a pine branch. It looked bare on the white card so I anchored it with glittery silver washi, a gift from my friend Heather. Loved how it coordinated with the silver hanger.

Thanks to Loll, Bonnie & team for another fun challenge and thanks to you for stopping by!!

11 comments:

Dawn T said...

A perfect CAS Glitter card Linda. It really looks incredible.

!neke said...

A real beauty !
Love CAS!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card, Linda. Stacking the die-cuts gives wonderful dimensions. Love all that glittery, sparkly goodness. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

Betty said...

so pretty, Linda - love the soft colors with the glitter!

Bonnie said...

I love the glittery red Merry Christmas on the blue ball and those sweet snowflakes! The glitter tape was just the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much, Linda, for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda that's such a pretty ornament, I love all the snowflakes and I do exactly the same to make CAS cards, just make them bigger. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Greta said...

Oh what a pretty card, Linda!

Jean said...

Terrific holiday card!

JoAnn said...

Pretty and glittery ornament. Love your card.

Loll said...

Beautiful snowflake ornament, Linda! Love how you've stamped the branch and added some shades of green --- awesome! The washi tape is so pretty and glittery. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Nance said...

Such a beautiful card. Love all the glitter and sparikle. Thanks for playing with us at CAS Christmas this month.