Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, August 30, 2019

Glittery snowflakes with an angel

The CAS Christmas glitter challenge ended on the 24th but I was still in a glitter mood. Several weeks ago I bought the new Hero Arts Snowflake Pattern Cover Plate and finally got a chance to use it yesterday. I paired it with a sweet angel I bought last year for Merry Monday (retired challenge blog) - another item I hadn't even used yet. Sound familiar?!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Sparkle A2 card, Paper Studio glitter, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 
Poptone Black Licorice, Hero Arts vellum 
Stamps - angel (retired) by Sizzix
Dies - Joy & angel frame (from Sizzix angel set) & Hero Arts Snowflake Pattern
Other - Copic Markers, Stickles, ultra thin foam tape

I die cut the snowflake cover plate and glued it to the card front. Added the strip of vellum for my angel (colored with Copics) and sentiment. Done! Yay - another card for the Christmas stash which was feeling neglected after all the anniversary and birthday cards I've been making lately! I'm already working on a blue version of this card and can see making more - easy to mass produce!

Short post but I wanted to share a card made with this new cover plate - love it! Thanks for stopping!!

6 comments:

Betty said...

gorgeous background for your darling angel - think i might need that snowflake die!!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

This is simply stunning Linda. That cover die is perfect for quick Christmas cards.

Greta said...

Oh yes--that DOES sound familiar, for sure! That snowflake background is gorgeous & love the sweet angel, too! Great card, Linda!

Jean said...

A stunning combination!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful in my favourite blue colour. x