Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Couple of bday cards and another snowflake angel

Hey there - hope you had a great Labor Day weekend! Hard to believe it's September already - the weather here has been sunny but cool, perfect really! I'm here to share a couple August birthday cards and another angel Christmas card. First - a card I made for my sister Tami:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle green A2 card, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 
Poptone Black Licorice, Momenta Watercolor, Carta Bella It's a Celebration patterned
Stamps - Sunny Studios Everything's Rosy (with matching dies); Hero Arts It's Your Day 
Dies - Taylored Expressions Frame in Frame Cutting Plate & Layer it Rustic Floral (leaves),
can't remember whose label
Other - Michael's gems, Copic and Distress Markers for shading

I used the last of my roses stamped at Heather's house in July. I ran out of the leaves so used some die cut leaves from a new Taylored Expressions set I couldn't resist. I also used a fabulous TE frame set that I can see using a lot! Next a card for my Auntie Jean - Dad's baby sister.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle blue A2 card, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 
 Momenta Watercolor, Ms Sparkle Watercolor Pastel patterned
Stamps -  Hero Arts It's Your Day
Dies - Taylored Expressions Frame in Frame Cutting Plate & Layer It Rustic Floral 
Other - Distress Oxide Inks Worn Lipstick and Twisted Citron, Michael's gems

This time I used both the leaves and the flowers from my new TE die set - love it!! Also used more of the frames, this time cut from a deeper blue from the Ms Sparkle card pack. A little shading with Distress Oxide ink really added a lot, I think.

Finally I have another version of the angel card I posted here. This time I used teals and decided the sentiment needed something to make it stand out more. So I triple stacked it and then layered some circles behind it. In fact, on the purple card from the earlier post, I ended up adding a white circle underneath the vellum to pop the sentiment. Do you do that too (modify after posting)? Love to second guess myself - LOL. I also used some of the snowflake centers to embellish the angel and sentiment.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card, Paper Studio glitter, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 
Poptone Black Licorice, Hero Arts vellum, Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic 
Stamps - angel (retired) by Sizzix
Dies - Joy & angel frame (from Sizzix angel set) & Hero Arts Snowflake Pattern and Infinity Circles
Other - Copic Markers, Stickles, ultra thin foam tape

That's it for today, friends - thanks for stopping!! Enjoy the rest of your week!

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh what a lovely set of cards, Linda! The flowers on the first one are gorgeous!

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful flower cards and what a cute angel card. Your really have done such fabulous work.

Betty said...

wonderful cards Linda - love those new TE florals - and such a sweet angel card!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful set of cards, Linda. Beautiful backgrounds on the birthday cards, especially the music score. Both angel cards are fantastic in my favorite end of the colour spectrum. x

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Linda.

Jean said...

All three are terrific!

Greta said...

Beautiful birthday cards, Linda! Can see why you got the new TE goodies! Really love the snow angel card--maybe more than the first one!