Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Gift-filled sleigh

Happy weekend everyone! Ugh - I'm dangerous in a craft store - to my credit card that is!! Yesterday I visited Anchor Paper, the nearest thing to being my LSS (it's a paper warehouse with a fabulous craft section). I came away with a bag of new goodies, including several stamps. The new Taylored Expression Gifted Background and matching Cutting Plate found their way into my bag - thought they'd be perfect for the current Christmas Kickstart challenge. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
Poptone Black Licorice; Lawn Fawn Winter Plaid
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Gifted Background
Hero Arts Holiday Sayings (retired)
My Favorite Things Merry Everything (retired)
Dies - Taylored Expressions Gifted Cutting Plate
Sleigh by unknown
Other - Copic Markers; Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

The stamped die cut sleigh came from my sister-in-law, a fellow card maker. She gave me several & I've had them for quite a while - can't remember the brand. She's really into Stampin' Up so it might be from them; she was unavailable for consultation. Anyone recognize it?? Thought a sleigh would be perfect for a pile of gifts! The TE stamp/die cuts 30 gifts so I have quite a few left to play with!! Since the sleigh is large, I went with an A7 card - the MFT Santa fit perfectly at the sleigh's front.

#20 - It's a Gift!

Hmmm - just noted that Christmas Kickstart allows 3 entries max. Well, this is my fourth card with gifts but I only linked one from my previous post. If not kosher, I'm sure Jo will let me know! I also made a few more poinsettia cards today so I'm up to 60 Christmas cards. Only 15 more to my goal so if I make 3/week I'll be there before it's time to start mailing :) Probably a first, since I'm usually mailing a batch while scurrying to make more - LOL!!

Thanks for the visit and kind comments!!

8 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

What a great big sleigh of gifts. I love this! Isn't it fun to go to stamp stores? Mine is an hour away and I don't get there that often but I did go yesterday to take a Copic coloring class and found me a few things too. Thanks for entering this in our Christmas Kickstart challenge. Love all the gifts!

Dotty Jo said...

We're all good, Linda, please don't worry! Love that sleigh and the Christmas scene you've created - such fun. Thanks for joining Sherri and I at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Always good to have you with us, Jo x

Lin said...

How fun, Linda! That sleigh is wonderful, and you accessorized it perfectly!

Dawn T said...

What a superb sleigh Linda. It's a great card. Love the design.

Rosemary said...

super cute card, linda!

Greta said...

Neat sleigh & perfect with the gifts! Wonderful card, Linda!

Trina P. said...

A sleigh full of gifts... yes please! This is so fun and adorable, Linda. x

Jean said...

Wonderful supply choices!