Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 6, 2019

Holiday treats for CAS Christmas

Hey all - I'm back with a couple cards for this month's CAS Christmas challenge to use holiday treats.


Fun theme and it gave me a chance to use a Pink and Main stamp set I bought last year. I couldn't resist it then but, as usual, hadn't made time to give it a play until now. Also as usual, I started by die cutting a bunch of the items in the set, then stamping and coloring them. With a pile of stamped and die cut images, I played around until I had some designs I liked. Here's card one:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamp set, plus matching dies - Pink and Main Christmas Mugs
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black and Pine Needles Distress Ink
Other - Copic Markers, Christmas Red Stickles, Glossy Accents, 
Joy Ultra thin foam, 3M Washi tape

I used three of the four mugs in the P&M set for the first card. For the next card I used some of the peppermints and candy canes, arranging them along the bottom below a couple of score lines. The sentiment is from an old Hero Arts clear set, white embossed.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle shimmer red A2 card, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamp set, plus matching dies - Pink and Main Christmas Mugs
Sentiment - Hero Arts Holiday Wishes (retired)
Ink - Distress Embossing Ink; Fired Brick and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide,
Other - Glossy Accents, Ranger Seafoam White ep, Joy Ultra thin foam, Stickles

Finally, an anniversary card that started out as a Christmas treat card! I was playing around with an ancient QuicKutz die featuring a string of gingerbread men and women. I thought they were linked together but they turned out to be individuals. I was trying to link them along an entire card but got off in my desired placement. I ended up with just a couple on there. Piled up nearby was a stack of sentiments from Taylored Expressions - absolutely LOVE this stamp and matching die (which will be handy for other sentiments). The anniversary one was the perfect size over my couple - boom, an anniversary card! I still have a stack of gingerbread people so may try a Christmas card yet - LOL.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle shimmer red A2 card, Lawn Fawn Knit Picky,
Poptone Kraft, Paper Studio green
Stamp plus matching die - Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
Other - Ultra thin foam

That's it for today. It turned out to be a gorgeous, sunny day with a high of 74F - I'm glad I managed to get out in it!! Thanks for stopping and thanks to the CAS Christmas team for a fun challenge!

13 comments:

Cindy C. said...

These CAS holiday treat cards are wonderful Linda!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Love your trio of cards, especially the first! It looks very yummy!

Betty said...

perfect cards for this challenge, Linda - aren't you glad you couldn't resist buying that stamp set!

Rosemary said...

super sweet set of holiday cards, linda!

Christine Alexander said...

I love your mugs of hot chocolate, they are so wonderfully festive. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Darnell said...

Fantastic Christmas card designs, Linda, even if one of them does say Happy Anniversary on it! Lots of us were married in December / January, so it's a great winter design for a winter wedding couple! And now I'm off to make some hot cocoa in my Kuerig and top it off with whipped cream! Yummo!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Wow! You have a bevy of treats here, Linda! Love all the whipped cream on the mugs! Yum! The candy canes and peppermint candies line up beautifully under the scored lines. The gingerbread pair make a perfect anniversary card! Looks like you had a fun time with this set! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at CAS Christmas!

Dawn T said...

Cute cards Linda. Love the first one with all the cups and your second one is wonderful. Love the idea of turning your third card into an anniversary card. Very clever.

Loll said...

Three fabulous cards Linda! The first one looks so yummy with those delicious looking warm beverages. Love the strip of candy stripe to anchor the design. Second card is cute as could be with your sweet candy on the red card base. Love the large white heat embossed sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Your last card is so adorable! I wouldn't have thought to use a gingerbread couple for an anniversary card, but it darling!! Great design!

Greta said...

Love the beautiful mugs & the other 2 cards are fun & festive!

Jean said...

So sweet! You're making terrific progress!

Susan said...

Wonderful cards depicting holiday treats. Love the first one with those festive mugs full of hot chocolate and all that delicious whipped cream. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas !

Jeanne H said...

Yum. Love your treats cards.