Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 27, 2019

More gifts!

TGIF!! So glad the weekend has arrived! I was inspired by a Facebook Scramble (ended Wednesday) to use a grid or inchies. I made a card with this month's My Monthly Hero kit (see it here, if you missed it) for the challenge and still had the kit laying on the counter. Kit includes a die with openings to match the grid windows. I had stamped one in white just to try it and decided to make an Advent card out of it! There's a trio of gifts behind one window so I thought I might as well add it to the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge. I stamped a few of the gift images so, as a twofer, I created a CAS card. First, the grid card closed:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle red A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts retired numbers & September 2019 My Monthly Hero kit (grid)
Window Die - September 2019 My Monthly Hero kit (still available as of this post)
Ink - Distress Oxide: Fired Brick, Cracked Pistachio, Gathered Twigs & Barn Door
Other - Distress Markers: Fired Brick, Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed

I had stamped the grid first to try it and then had to blindly try to line up the windows. Not perfect but close enough to use!! I considered leaving all the windows white but then I got ink on one of them - hate when that happens! So, I inked some of the windows and also their edges to cover my boo-boo. It took quite a while to stamp all the numbers on the windows. I didn't do them in order for more interest. I popped the window panel onto a red A2 card with some thin foam.

I used a combo of die cuts, stamped images and sentiments for the spots behind the windows. This was a long process too - cutting and fussy cutting many of them. Well worth it for a special recipient! Here's the card with the windows open.

Supplies for window insides: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 
Tim Holtz kraft metallic
Stamps - Art Gone Wild Holiday Little Pics (11 of the little images); 
Lawn Fawn Demo Set Fall/Winter 2017 (gift trio)
Hero Arts Hero Greetings Christmas Messages (4 sentiments)
Stamp set, plus matching dies - Pink and Main Christmas Mugs
Dies - Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes; Hero Arts Nesting Infinity Hearts
Other - Copic Markers, Stickles, Glossy Accents; Memento Tuxedo Black ink

The glossy candies are leftovers from a card I made for CAS Christmas. See it here if desired. The gift trio was an image from a Lawn Fawn 2017 demo set from an LSS class. I had never used the Art Gone Wild set before (have had it for eons) and it had the perfect images for my windows! It also has 4 small sentiments but I'd already stamped some; will remember them for next time...

Finally, my twofer using the Lawn Fawn present image from above supply list:

Other supplies - Memory Box A2 card; scrap of Hero Arts packaging for the grid paper;
Hero Arts CL343 Holiday Sayings for the sentiment; Memento Tuxedo Black ink;
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Die

Yay - two more Christmas cards done! I'm up to 57 and I'm really grateful for the CAS Christmas and Christmas Kickstart challenges for helping me get there!!

#20 - It's a Gift!

Thanks for stopping! Enjoy your weekend!!

9 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

Such a cute card with these Christmas gifts! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Kickstart.

Dawn T said...

two stunners Linda. Love the advent card, very impressive. And the CAS look to the present card is perfect.

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks so much for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, your card is so sweet (love that it's so CAS) and I love your calendar too, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Just realised both creations are cards! Wow, that calendar card must be tiny - even more clever than I first thought and so much fussy cutting, Jo x

Betty said...

darling cards, Linda - love the grid cards and the last one is so lovely in its simplicity!!

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous cards Linda, love the calendar so intricate and a great CAS card!

Rosemary said...

love, love, love the clean and simple card, linda! simply fabulous!

Greta said...

I love Advent Calendars, so the first card really hits the spot for me! The second card is CAS perfection!

Jean said...

Absolutely fantastic!