Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Snowflake on a long card

Was just surfing my friends' blogs when I spotted my friend Cindy had posted a Scramble in the Hero Arts Flickr group. Yes, we're still out there but often neglect it just because there are so many other formats out there, including our own blogs. Anyway, her challenge is to do a long card so I made one to fit an A10 envelope. Thought I'd make a snowflake card so I could get it into the July CAS Christmas. Plus A Blog Named Hero has a challenge for Christmas in July so thought I'd link it there too. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Paper Studio glitter
Ms Sparkle woodgrain
Dies - Hero Arts Snowflake Fancy Die (retired)
Stamp - Hero Arts Holiday Cheer (retired)
Other - Pine Needles Distress Ink; silver pen
gem in center is from an old My Monthly Hero kit

For a Scramble, you only get 90 minutes to create, photograph and upload so this card is very QACAS. Since it's for Hero Arts, you must use at least one HA product (I used two). The sentiment is from a 2011 clear set I recently received from my friend Jean - thanks again, Jean!! How did I not have that set in my stash is a mystery...

Thanks for stopping and thanks to Cindy for motivating me to get another Christmas card done!!

  
ChallengeChristmasJuly

11 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh what a beautiful Christmas card, Linda! I love the out of the box colors that you used!

Karen L K said...

Nice to see you at the Scramble. I'm still practicing keeping it to 90 minutes. Ha. I like that you have colored wood grain on your card.

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card Linda. The snowflake is really incredible. I just did the scramble - was fun to do it again.

Betty said...

wonderful card for both challenges, Linda - so unique in that pretty green!

Trina P. said...

Long cards is on my to-do list. The colour is so unexpected and so cool. Wonderful dimension. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. xx

Loll said...

Wonderful design for your long card, Linda! Love the sparkle from your glitter snowflake and beautiful bright green background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Linda said...

Lovely card with you glittery snowflake, Linda. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS Christmas.

Bonnie said...

Long cards are always unexpected and fun, Linda! Love the woodgrain background and that pretty sparkly snowflake! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Greta said...

Such a great card for the Scramble & congrats on the win, Linda!

Susan said...

Love the long narrow shape of your card! Great colour palette and great sparkly snowflake (goes perfectly with the sentiment). Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Darnell said...

This is a beautiful creation to make in such a short time, Linda! I love that its long. I have a stash of long envelopes, so why don't I ever think of it?! Just habit, I guess, so thank you for the inspiration to make some! I love the monochromatic green hues and woodgrain background! Hugs, Darnell