Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Twofer July - Garden

Hey everyone - hope you're having a great week! The Twofer July challenge was announced today and I had some time this evening to play along. The theme is Garden - yay - I love flowers.



Here's my Twofer:


My common images are the lilies and roses from Hero Arts From the Vault Flowers. Hero Arts is celebrating 45 years in business (Congrats!!) and has reissued some vintage woodblock images in clear format. First I used a bunch of flowers from the set to create a background. It's been done many times - for a good reason, it's fun!! Here's a closer look (you can tell the light was better when I took this photo...):

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle green card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; unknown stripe; 
Poptone Black Licorice; Michael's green; My Favorite Things Watercolor Wash
Dies - My Favorite Things various Blueprints (retired); Whimsy Thanks Word with Shadow Die Set
Stamps - Hero Arts From the Vault Flowers; Cottage Cutz Daffodil & Larkspur sets ( used the bugs)
Other - foam tape

For the second card I made a bouquet of colored & cut flowers and bundled them in a wrapper from an old My Monthly Hero kit. Here's a closer look (light was already going - sorry for the shadows):

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle green & blue card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
Paper Studio stripe; Poptone Black Licorice; Michael's green; My Favorite Things watercolor;
Bazzill textured goldenrod; Doodlebug Hello 6x6 dot pattern
Dies - My Favorite Things various Blueprints (retired); Whimsy Doodled Doily (retired);
Cuttlebug name unknown; Hero Arts Nesting Circle Infinity Dies & dies to match stamps
Stamps - Hero Arts From the Vault Flowers and January 2017 My Monthly Hero
Other - Copic markers, foam tape

The Happy Bday diecut has been in the UFO box forever! Had to include a photo of the ancient Cuttlebug plate I used to cut it eons ago. I can't even tell you how old the plate is but I've had it a long time. It's the kind with all that white foam under the metal plate. Anyone else have such items in the stash?


Thanks to Darnell and the Twofer crew for a fun challenge! And congrats to Cat for joining the DT over there - just love her cards!! And thanks to you for stopping by!

11 comments:

Dawn T said...

Awesome use of your flower stamp Linda. Love how the two cards are so different.

Betty said...

great twofer, Linda - love how you created the background with your stamp!

Darnell said...

You got into die-cutting way before I did, Linda. I Love seeing the old plate ... how far we've come in just a few years, eh? And I love both of your garden designs! That set really does lend itself to making a beautiful handmade DSP and I love that you let most of it show with your thanks card. Is that ribbon behind the thanks or a die-cut? If that's a die, it's great! And well done making a bouquet of flowers for your birthday design! Love the pp, colors, and composition! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Linda your bouquet is gorgeous, I had to look at the stamp set I am in awe of your bouquet building skills. I am a fan of the background building too. The images are fabulous as a backdrop to your thank you card. Thanks for playing along at twofer card challenge#18.

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful set of cards, Linda! I really liked the background you created with all the different stamps!

Happy Dance said...

Your Twofer is a veritable garden of delight, Linda! Those HA flowers are so pretty, and perfectly sized for cards. That TY card is quite lovely in those pretty greens, and the sentiment is a great die cut. LOVE your bouquet BD card. Those polka dots make me smile, and the doily really makes that bunch pop! Two wonderful cards! I had a bunch of those chunky SU dies, and hadn't used them in ages. So I gave them to my sister, and she's getting some good use out of them! Yay for sharing! Thanks so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

Anita in France said...

What a lush, rich, green background garden, Linda ... love how you have the butterflies and dragonflies fluttering between all those pretty blooms! Your 'hand wrapped' bouquet of garden flowers is gorgeous in all those vibrant summery shades ... against the dark doily, the colours really pop! Thanks for sharing a picture of that die ... I'm a comparitively recent card maker and haven't seen any like that before! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

Such a fantastic twofer, Linda! How fun to see the vault open, and old classics come back with new life! Those florals make an excellent background for your thank you note. I am so in love with your bouquet arrangement all wrapped up for a birthday! I never had any of those plates, but I did have the first Silhouette when it came out. I thought I would never need anything else - ha!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty cards!

Marina said...

I love the different ways you've used these stamps - two very different cards, both beautiful.

Greta said...

Wonderful & totally different garden cards--perfect for the challenge, Linda!