Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Snowflakes for CAS Christmas

Happy 4th of July if you're celebrating! So happy to enjoy the freedoms we have in the great US of A!!

I had to laugh - just made a couple snowflake cards the other day and lo and behold - the July Challenge at CAS Christmas is Snowflake! Luckily my stash has a huge bunch of snowflake stuff so I quickly whipped up three cards last night and today.


My first card uses a snowflake flourish I cut on the Silhouette and had in my UFO box along with a pile of other snowflakes. I layered a couple more snowflakes onto the biggest one, added some gems and a diecut sentiment, called it a day! Very quick and easy.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black Licorice
DCWV Ms Sparkle shimmer blue A2 card
Silhouette file - Design ID 23582 Flourish snowflake by Lori Whitlock
Dies - center snowflake from Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes (next layer unknown)
Joy is from Sizzix Angel stamp & cut (retired)
Other - gems from Michaels

Next I used a Hero Arts snowflake ornament die. Had to have this one last year and never made a card with it until now! Typical.... Managed to use a couple more UFO box items - the glittery bow and Merry. The rest I cut specifically for this project.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Paper Studio glitter
DCWV Ms Sparkle shimmer green A2 card; Momenta Watercolor
Merry & bow from Hero Arts Christmas Trimmings Stamp & Cut

Other - Michaels gems

I was going through my stash trying to reorganize some stuff and sorting through some goodies my friend Jean sent me. Spotted a fun Penny Black set with snowflake ornaments - just had to use them for a third card. I stamped the Christmas with the dangling snowflakes and added a diecut merry. Super quick and easy!


Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle shimmer blue A2 card; Paper studio glitter
scrap of blue; Momenta Watercolor
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired); Hero Arts Christmas Trimmings Stamp & Cut
Stamps - Penny Black Most Wonderful
Other - Michaels gems; Hero Arts Navy ink

Thanks for stopping and making it to the end of this post! I'm watching A Capitol 4th on public TV and then I'll switch over to watch Macy's fireworks show on NBC. Our local fireworks are good but I'd rather watch them without bugs!!

11 comments:

Betty said...

you are on a roll with beautiful Christmas cards, Linda!!

Cindy C. said...

Wow you've been productive!! Great collection of charming cards!!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful trio of snowflake inspired Christmas cards, Linda. The Silhouette flourish die-cut is unique... great dimension. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

Bonnie said...

I really enjoyed the Capitol 4th and Macy's fireworks last night, Linda! Wouldn't it have been fun to watch it together? Well we did but not in the same place. Love, love, love all three of your snowflake cards! I love the depth of the layered snowflakes of the first card and the pretty snowflake ornament of the second. And I'm wondering why I don't have the Penny black Christmas snowflake stamp? I love that one too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

Three beautiful snowflake Christmas cards, Linda! Isn't it wonderful to make sure of so many bits in your UFO box??!! The cards are all so lovely. You grew your stash quickly in one day with all of these fantastic cards. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Rosemary said...

love all the fun snowflakes on this fabulous set of cards, linda!

Jean said...

You're on a roll! As always, you've done a terrific job with colors and design!

Dawn T said...

superb cards Linda.

Greta said...

I love fireworks, but don't want to leave the puppydog home alone, so we enjoy them on TV--Capital 4th, Boston Pops & Macy's! Better than ever this year, I thought! Your snowflake cards are wonderful, Linda! I especially love the snowflake ornament!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful snowflake flourish and all the other beautiful snowflake cards. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...three GORGEOUS snowflake cards Linda and way to go ramping up your Christmas card stash!! I love your 1st card...those scrolling layered snowflakes really pop against the blue background...simply elegant!! And your 2 ornament cards are just as lovely too!! Don't you just LOVE snowflakes on cards?!! So much nicer than the real ones!! :0)