Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Vintage Time

Photo Source


Hi everyone - I'm off work today so I was able to check out Merry Monday first thing. This week it's Nina's challenge: make a vintage style card! Now, vintage is not my typical go-to style but I had a yummy Graphic45 paper pad, Twas the Night Before Christmas, that I knew would be perfect. 

I found a piece of paper with this darling Santa in a circle surrounded by a bunch of vintage clocks. I cut out the Santa image & added a black scalloped circle mat with a bit of doily behind. It's hard to see in the photo but I brushed some Wink of Stella to the brown parts of Santa's furry hat and cuffs.

Here's the card:

Vintage Santa

After making the Santa card, I was still in the mood to craft in the vintage style. I surfed my Silhouette files and found this darling reindeer - Circle Flourish Reindeer by Kolette Hall. I used more Graphic45 paper, including the tag which I cut from one of the pages. The ticket is a Tim Holtz stamp.

Vintage reindeer

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by Merry Monday to check out all the inspiration from their Design Team. I'm now up to 32 Christmas cards in my stash, 20 of them due to my participation at Merry Monday. So exciting!!

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

You have not one but two fantastic vintage cards here, Linda! Love that Santa and the graceful deer! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Linda. Gorgeous Vintage image on your first card and love all the texture on your second one.

Wendy said...

Oh WOW, Linda, both cards are awesome! Love the papers and the vintage feel to them! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Linda said...

Lovely vintage cards. Really like that Santa paper.

Tracy W said...

Fab job on both of these! Do LOVE G45 papers. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wonderful vintage creations - both are like works of art!! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Heather Hopson said...

Very vintage looking. I love both cards, but my favorite is the Santa.

KimCreate said...

Really pretty cards, love the santa in the circle with the pretty green card stock! The second one is nice too!

Susan Joyce said...

Love how you have added to your designs using the printed papers. Great Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are wonderful Linda, I love the layers and papers. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.