Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Angels on Merry Monday



Hi everyone - hope you're having a great weekend!!

This week on Merry Monday, Lori challenges us to include an angel or cherub on our card. I found this great heralding angel die on the Silhouette, Split Angel Damask by StudioIlustrado. Using an A2 card, I masked off the area for the sentiment. I stamped a background stamp, the Envelope Liner Background by Hero Arts, on the balance of the card. My layering paper for the die was punch colored so after cutting, I colored it with a Festive Berries Distress marker to darken it, then I sponged a bit of Black Soot Distress ink on a few spots to age it.

I stamped and clear embossed the sentiment (from a Hero Arts Clear set called Miracle of the Holidays) then added a bit of white with a Picket Fence Distress marker. Added a couple of gems - done.

Here's my card:
Angel tidings

The split die cuts are very fun - I've purchased a few but this was the first one I tried. I felt like it had a bit of a Swedish feel to it which is why I used the red. It might be really pretty in silver or gold glitter paper; I'll have to try it next time.

Thanks for stopping and, if you get a chance, check out Merry Monday. It's really helping me get a handle on my Christmas cards!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is a gorgeous die, Linda! Love the split card with the shiny sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Lin said...

I love how this turned out, Linda! Especially love your white touches on the sentiment......it gives a 3D effect! Beautiful!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so elegant! Great design! So very nicely done!

Colleen said...

Awesome die...what a great way to use this, love your sentiment in the center with the the added white...perfect! And thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog too!

Susan Powell said...

I love the white shadow you made and that die - WOW!! Great card!

Greta said...

Unique & beautiful--love this, Linda!