Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Another "Believe" card

Back with another card for this week's Merry Monday challenge to use pinecones, greens and the word "believe". While I was out shopping for supplies yesterday I bought some faith stickers by Me & My Big Ideas. Mom needed a sympathy card so I wasn't sure if I'd need some bible verses for the interior. Well, here was the word "believe" in the set! Plus, I went to Scraps of Love today and found a new Tim Holtz mini-blueprint set Christmas 4 which has a lovely pinecone and some evergreens, plus a poinsettia and some holly. Here's my card:

Believe3

I stamped the card base with a Hero Arts design block called Flourish. I stamped the pine needles on a piece of watercolor paper using Iced Spruce Distress ink and added some watercolor pencil. I stamped and cut out three pinecones and watercolored them, then added some gold stickles.

I didn't bother to photograph the sympathy card - it was a simple design but Mammy loved it, of course. I didn't need the faith stickers as my sister had a sympathy stamp set in her stash! Thanks for stopping by!!

9 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! The pine needles are beautiful stamped in that colour and with the added watercolour pencil! LOVE your sparkly pine cones!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty, lovely layout. Thank you for joining us Merry Monday

Bonnie said...

Another pretty Believe card, Linda! Love the pine cones and sticker! Thanks again for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card...especially loving the sparkly pinecones!! :0)

Marie Bingaman said...

Very pretty card! :)

Wendy said...

So pretty, Linda! Loving the design of your card, the colors and those wonderful pinecones! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

meg said...

Beautiful card the pine cones add depth and the traditional colours are beautiful Meg GD Merry Monday

Karren said...

Beautiful card with so much interest to catch the eye. Love the pinecones! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Linda!