Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Scramble Time

Hi everyone - It seems like the only times I post lately are Scrambles and Merry Mondays! Well, I do make other cards but they often don't get posted. I'm putting them in the mail, rather than photographing them - LOL!

Today on the Hero Arts Flickr group, Cat had the Scramble theme of using a favorite technique of hers combined with one or more of our own. While a Scramble allows 90 minutes, I'm usually much quicker - doing a card within 30 minutes, typically. Well, today it was closer to an hour - I used one of Cat's favorite techniques of embossing, combined with one of mine to sand and distress the paper. Cat also likes to watercolor so I misted some Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink and Field Greens Ink Dauber before stamping on linen for my main image. The vines are from a Hero Arts cling set called So Sorry. The embossing folder is one that pairs with a large cling background by Hero Arts called Floral Wreath. Here's my card:


Vines on Linen

I love the look of embossed Core'dinations cardstock with the linen (matted with Bazzill cardstock). I had fun Scrambling today - hope you're having a crafty weekend too!

2 comments:

Lin said...

Linda, these are the prettiest greens, just like the first greens of spring! Love your beautiful design!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. It was a fun challenge.