Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 3, 2026

Party Donkey!

Hey crafty friends - TGIF and I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend if you're celebrating in the USA!! Two hundred fifty years - quite a milestone!!

I watched Craft Roulette Episode #326 tonight, featuring host Mary Gunn and guest, Jay Thomas (‪@craftbyjay‬) making his 3rd appearance. Jay is live on YouTube on Sunday nights and he loves cats!!

Here's my card (sorry Jay, no cat):


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Recollections A2 card & black cardstock; dotted by unk
Stamps - Unity Still Kickin'
Other - printed sentiment strip (brand unk);
Copic Markers; TH Black Soot Distress Ink;
Black and white gel pens

As usual, the roulette wheel was spun four times for the necessary parameters. Mary and Jay created their cards on camera - so fun to listen to their banter while I was crafting along. Like last week, I was able to complete & upload my card before they finished.


  • Project - A Dude's Card: - I made a card for a man, a former coworker.
  • Colors - Sleigh Ride: I used red/black/grey.
  • Element - Farm Critter(s): I used a donkey image.
  • Random - Pen: I used both black and white gel pens.

You may remember I ordered a bunch of Unity stamps recently. The donkey image was another fun find - I thought it would make a great birthday card for a man friend with whom I worked in two different offices over the years. Isn't Party Donkey just the cutest?!

I stamped the image, colored with Copics and cut the panel with a stitched rectangle. Inked around the edges with Black Soot DI. Matted the panel in black and added to a dotted paper & a red A2 card. Added details with a white and a black gel pen - done!

I will add my card to Seize the Birthday #329 using the Anything Goes option. I will also share at Darnell's July NBUS Challenge #88 since my donkey stamp got first play today. Oh and btw - Darnell has some sponsors this month and Unity is one of them!!

That's it for today. Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a crafty day! 



15 comments:

Jean said...

What a fun card! Very impactful.

Barbara said...

That party donkey is adorable. Unity makes such fun stamps and I love how you used yours here. I will have to take a look at the crafters you mentioned. We at Seize the Birthday Challenge are glad to see you here.
Barbara DT

Trina P. said...

Oh that donkey image is FUN-tastic! Love the colour pallet you chose. Awesome masculine card.., your coworker will love it.

Rosemary said...

Oh my goodness what a fun, fun card, Linda! Your former co-worker will love it. And I agree that donkey is definitely a cutie!

Bonnie said...

Fun and fabulous, Linda! What a great card!

Darnell said...

You had me at donkey, Linda! He is hysterical and we need fun cards more than ever! I love the design with your coloring and the pop of red from the party hat. Plus, I love how you framed it! Your former work friend will get a huge kick out of this. (You see what I did there?!) Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

I love that Donkey so much! Such a great card and it is certainly going to make someone's birthday even more special. Thanks for sharing him with us at Seize the Birthday!

Cat Craig said...

Okay you got an outloud chuckle for this image. You are amazing at these challenges.

Bunny said...

This is awesome. I love that donkey. What a great card. So cute. [Bunny]

papierelle said...

He looks like he's already had too much to drink... *LOL* It makes me smile!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, how fun is this fella! What a great card, Linda!

HilaryJane said...

I have just seen your mention at seize the birthday and I thought that's a really delightful card, I don't think I have visited it and sure enough I have managed to miss this one. I am glad I found it now because it is an absolute delight xx

Cindy C. said...

A delightful card!!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... that has to be the happiest donkey I've ever seen!! :) This is such a great card Linda! xx

TK said...

I'd invite this fun guy to every party! He looks like he can handle a lot of fun, without any trouble, so he's a winner for sure!