Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 24, 2026

Snowman Fun!

TGIF friends - I'm glad the weekend approaches! I'm here with a snowman card for the July 2026 CAS Christmas Challenge. I was delighted to see that Loll brought this challenge back in June but I didn't get there. Had to make the effort this month - here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio Ombré A2 card
Stamps w/dies - SSS/Memory Box Good Cheer (retired)
Memory Box Countryside Circle (retired)
Other - printed sentiment strip from stash;
Copic Markers; white gel pen; foam tape

I wanted to use more snowman images I'd stamped after being gifted the SSS/Memory Box Stamptember 2025 set - love this set! You can see my first card HERE - a much busier card so I reined it in for a CAS design.

I die cut a stitched rectangle from Neenah white and included a Memory Box die that cuts a window in the same pass. Added the panel to an ombré card along with a printed sentiment strip. Colored my stamped snowman with Copics, added gel pen details and popped onto the card. Very quick and easy. While the MB die is retired, Birch Press has a similar version called Block Print Starry Night Scene; I used it HERE if interested.

I made a second version in pink on Monday during Card Chaos Episode #54 where the theme was Pop of Pink (mine was the pink card). At Chaos you only have 15 minutes for the card and I managed this one in 14 minutes. Here, I added some pearl dots that came in an Inky Stamper kit since the single sentiment strip seemed a little bare. 


Chaos has two rounds so I made a second card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Spellbinders texty paper from an old kit; 
BoBunny red print; Paper Studio cardstock
Dies - Memory Box Blooming Poinsettias
Other - free printed sentiment strip from 
Debbie J's Crafting Corner
SSS Starshine dots;
Black Soot Distress Ink

I found some Spellbinders paper that had a bright pink texty Christmas pattern & decided that would be my pop of pink. Added a strip of it to a top fold card formed from Neenah white. Die cut and assembled a poinsettia with leaves and added it to the card. Inked the edges of a printed sentiment strip & popped onto the card. Added enamel dots and was done in 12 minutes. I had a bunch more poinsettia pieces which I assembled later. For the second round I like to keep it simple so I have time to upload to the livestream.

I will add this card to Merry Little Christmas #69 where Anything Christmas Goes; this is my third entry.

That's it for today; thanks for stopping! I'll be watching Craft Roulette Episode #329 tonight; join us on YouTube at 6:10p CST (or watch later on replay), if interested. Happy crafting!!



No comments: