Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

More Christmas Chaos!

Hey friends - hope you're staying cool and natural disaster free! Normally I would've watched Card Chaos last night but the host Irene didn't have power. Luckily those awful storms yesterday didn't affect her too badly! Irene's up and running again today and invited us to share our No Stamping cards made in 15 minutes. I timed myself and made the two cards I would've done last night. Of course, regular card bases and embellishments can be used. For me, if there's no stamping, I go for die cutting!!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio cardstock
Dies - Poppystamps Nordic Border Set
Birch Press Designs Block Print Festive Joy
Other - SSS Starshine embellishments

For this one, I die cut the plaid texture directly into a red A2 card base. Next I die cut JOY from lime green and white & layered. In the white die cutting pass, I also die cut the Nordic border. Note: the Joy die set comes with extra pieces to embellish the word but I just cut the base layer here.

Glued the border directly to the card base and popped the JOY on with foam tape. Added a preassembled die cut flower to the center of the JOY's O with foam tape. Added a few Starshine embellishments and done in under 15 minutes. We can use prepared bits from the stash and I'd made the poinsettia after last week's Chaos - die cut during but assembled later.

I'll add card one to Merry Little Christmas #69 where Anything Christmas Goes. This is my 4th entry (max 8). I will also share at Darnell's July NBUS Challenge #88 since my Joy die got first play here.

For the second card I used layered MERRY CHRISTMAS die cuts & added to a horizonal yellow A2 card base. Too bright? I wanted to bring out the poinsettia centers and give some contrast for my sentiment. I added a trio of leftover poinsettias & more Starshine dots. Done in under 15 minutes.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio cardstock & A2 card
Dies - Spellbinders Merry Christmas (retired);
Other - SSS Starshine embellishments

That's it for now - thanks for visiting & have a crafty day!! Oh and remember, Die Cut Divas is doing Christmas in July - check it out if you have a Christmas project with die cuts &/or embossing folders.



No comments: