Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Authentique Joyous; scraps
Stamps with dies - Waffle Flower Elegant Christmas 2 (dies)
Dies - Waffle Flower Poinsettia Cluster,
Other - foam tape; Copic Markers; white & orange pens;
SSS Starshine dots
We have the amazing Waffle Flower as our sponsor.
They've furnished a $15 gift card to their online store as our prize. Thanks!!
Bunches of die cutting for this one! I grabbed an Authentique paper pad I've had since 2013 and used papers from it for almost everything. I die cut a texty paper with the snowflake coverplate and added to an A2 card. Next I die cut the two layers of the frame and adhered to the background.
I die cut the larger poinsettia layer from a pattern, plus from a solid green. The smaller poinsettia layer was cut from a solid red. I grabbed some yellow scraps for the flower center & assembled. I cut apart the green layer to add the leaves wherever I wanted them. Next I die cut a berry sprig and the pine cones & shaded with Copics. Die cut a couple pine branches and tucked everything around the poinsettia. Added a stamped sentiment from the stash along with some crystal dots.
Here's a close-up of the snowflake texture which is hard to see on the texty paper - very subtle but so pretty:
I'll add this card to Merry Little Christmas Challenge #69 where Anything Goes.
How about a bonus with more die cutting? I bought the open book die when Waffle Flower released it (if desired, go HERE to see another play with it). I later bought the poinsettia stencil for the open book set. Hadn't had a chance to try the stencil until now.
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Recollections A2 card; Paper Studio red & green cardstock
Dies - Waffle Flower Open Book, Open Book Bookmark,
Stencils - Waffle Flower Open Book Poinsettia
Other - Waffle Flower Fa La La Sentiment Strip;
white & black pens; Gina K cranberry trio & spruce inks;
Altenew bamboo ink; grey pencil
I die cut the book and placed on a WF sticky mat to stencil the poinsettia design and the book edging. Added some pen and pencil details, then die cut with the scripty die that comes with the book set. Added a sentiment strip with foam tape.
Next I die cut a stitched rectangle from red cardstock and die cut the plaid texture into it. Added to an A2 card along with the book. Die cut a couple pines from the poinsettia set I used on card one and added them behind the book. Die cut and assembled a bookmark and adhered to the book.
Since my poinsettia stencil got first play here, I'll add my card to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge #88.
That's all for today - hope to see you in the July Diva Gallery!! Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!!






1 comment:
Two great cards Linda! The book one was always going to be the favourite of an avid reader, I love the fact there’s even a bookmark and the pine branches in their supporting role look fantastic!
Post a Comment