My card went way to the East to Majda in Slovenija.
Clearly I skipped the color palette and embraced the sketch, plus the tea/coffee theme. I modified the sketch to an A2 card since since square cards aren't easy to mail from here. I die cut the cup and lace panels, plus a stitched rectangle, then assembled. Added a printed friendship sentiment and some enamel dots.
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Spellbinders & Tim Holtz Kraft Classic cardstock;
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing patterned
Dies - Poppystamps Nordic Cozy Cup
Other - Hero Arts Enamel dots;
Creative Expressions Wordies - Friendship
We had the following options in creating our cards:
Color Palette Option
Sketch Option
Theme Options: Tea or Coffee / Safari / Friendship
Product / Technique Options: Embossing / Shaped Card
Clearly I skipped the color palette and embraced the sketch, plus the tea/coffee theme. I modified the sketch to an A2 card since since square cards aren't easy to mail from here. I die cut the cup and lace panels, plus a stitched rectangle, then assembled. Added a printed friendship sentiment and some enamel dots.
I received this beautiful card from dear friend Hilary in the UK. It's been four years since I had her as my sender in the Chain and I was very happy! I also shamelessly begged for some cuts of the sweet lilies of the valley that Hilary used for her March card. Thanks Hilary!!
That's it for today, friends. Want to join in for July? You only have to make & send one card. Go here for details by July 6th.



10 comments:
Such a fun and colourful card Linda, I love the patterned cup and you made great use of the sketch. I love your card from Hilary too, it’s so stylish!
What a wonderful card using the sketch, Linda! A great mix of colors, patterns and lacy die cuts. A warm cuppa' is a universal sign of friendship! Julia xx
This is lovely, Linda! What a great way to use the themes. Your card is so cheery and bright - I love it. Thanks for playing at CCC once again and being a link in our chain. Jo x
Your card is very cheery and a steaming cup of coffee is perfect for a friend. I love how you have put all those different patterns and elements together. There is no way that I could pull that off. Well done. I am so happy that you like my card xx
the texture and whimsy make this a lot of fun! I think I had that patterned paper. I miss My Mind's Eye!
I always love seeing lace on cards and the cup is so pretty! Beautiful one from Hilary!
What a fun mix of patterns and layers, Linda! Bet she loves her card!
This is a really beautiful card Linda. And such a pretty card from Hilary.
Pretty take on the sketch, Linda!
Dear Linda, thank you for the beautiful card that came across the pond. I love the bright, energetic colors you used. Your butterflies will become part of a special card.
A paper hug from Slovenia, Majda
I was very happy to display your greeting card here:
https://majdinustvarjalninemir.blogspot.com/2026/07/card-chain-meseca-junija.html
Post a Comment