Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Two birdie cards!

Hey crafty friends - I finally got a chance to work on cards for Darnell's Twofer Challenge 40 - Birds. Here's my twofer:


After thinking of all the bird stuff in my stash, I decided on a gorgeous color layering bird stamp. Originally I planned to color layer one bird & stamp just the outline on the other bird, coloring it with Copics. Well, on the second birdie I just Copic blended the wing then color layered the rest. With the white card stock I used, I ended up filling in some of the white patches with Copic coloring atop the layering stamps on both birds. I loved the very different looks from the two color schemes. Stamping & some die cutting - easy peasy!! Here's a closer look:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Paper Studio green;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Dimensional Bird & 
Dies - Hero Arts Branches Infinity Dies &
coordinating dies to stamps
Other - Copic Markers; various Hero Arts inks;

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Paper Studio brown;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb;
Momenta Watercolor print
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Dimensional Bird, Friends, & 
Let the Angels Sing (musical note) - all retired;
Taylored Expressions Hand Lettered Sentiments
Dies - coordinating dies to stamps;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Other - Copic Markers; various Hero Arts inks

Because my branch frame got its first play on card one, I'm also adding it to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge. Card one fits for Dawn's All Occasion Challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!!

 




8 comments:

Rosemary said...

I love how you created such unique looks with each bird, Linda! Fabulous set of cards!

Dawn T said...

two beautiful cards Linda. You certainly made your birds look quite different. Really lovely.

Cathy said...

Two gorgeous cards and so different looking! Love the colours you've used on the birds and thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

Happy Dance said...

That's an incredible bird, Linda. You've given him two completely different looks, and I'm mad about these cards! Your Christmas card is fantastic, and I love how you've used all the colors here. Your note card is darling. Sitting against that blue sky, he really pops! Awesome coloring here, too. Great cards. Thanks for joining us at The Twofer Challenge! Bev

Darnell said...

Oh, dear, now I think my NBUS mountain will get higher with the addition of that cool HA bird die. You really did a fabulous job of turning it into two completely different and beautiful birds, Cheryl, and I love both of your designs! I am smiling at the "Just a Note" with a single musical note - perfect! Thank you for playing in TCC #40 and sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

A terrific twofer with the bird - delightful!

Helen said...

Such clever use of this sweet little bird Linda! I love to try and stretch my stamps to get cards for all occasions. You've certainly been very successful!! Wonderful cards!! Thanks so much for sharing at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Stay safe! :)

Greta said...

Lovely cards, Linda! I especially love the look of the bird on the second card!