Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Christmas Doggie at the Door!

Hey crafty friends - hope you're enjoying the weekend! I'm back with a card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge to include woolly, fluffy, or furry - I chose a furry doggie:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white
Dies - Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit 11/19 (sold out)
Stamps - Inky Antics Punny Christmas Pups
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Dot; 
Pink & Main enamel heart


I started by stamping the dog, coloring & fussy cutting him. I thought to put him with a staircase or a Christmas tree but changed my mind. In the kit with the other items I considered, there's the fabulous door die. I backed it with another white panel I'd inked and shaded with yellows for the home's lit interior. Shaded the door and swag with Copics and added the heart and the doorknob dot. Hand lettered MAIL on the mail slot. Adhered the panel to an A2 card and popped the doggie on - done! I left the sentiment for the inside. The way the door die cuts, the door will open - I chose to glue it shut for this card.

That's it for today, friends. I'm off to do a Zoom meeting to get ready for in-person chorus rehearsals that begin Monday night - yay!! We'll start with shorter ones until we can work up to standing 3 hrs on choral risers again. Not easy when you've been sitting in front of a computer for 15 months!!

Thanks for stopping & thanks to Jo & elf Gail for a fun challenge! Happy crafting!!


9 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Perfect for any dog lover-love the design!

Jean said...

Yay for in-person chorus! What a fun "furry" Christmas card - very festive.

Cat Craig said...

Darling card, and yay that you are getting some in-person time again.

papierelle said...

He is waiting for Santa. Cute card!!

Betty said...

so cute - and how great your chorus is together in person again - and would have never thought about how difficult it would be standing on risers after so long.

Greta said...

Love this card, Linda! Great idea to put the doggy at the door, which I love! How wonderful to actually get together & sing!

Dotty Jo said...

Another beautiful card, Linda. I love this. Thanks for joining Gail and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Trina P. said...

Lovely decorated Christmas door scene. The pup is adorable.

ionabunny said...

Adorable card Linda. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart challenge. Hugz