Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, July 24, 2021

CAS Poinsettia Cards

Hi all - yes, I know I'm cutting it close but I was inspired by the gorgeous cards of the CAS Christmas Design Team. Their challenge this month & ending today involves clean and simple Christmas cards with a poinsettia. Here's my first one:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Holiday;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Dies - Sunny Studio Window Quad Circles;
Other - Park Lane (JoAnn's brand) gems; foam tape;

I wanted something simple and remembered a sweet little poinsettia die from a Sunny Studio set. As I dug through the stash I came across a TE mini slimline window die and went from there! Super quick and easy - die cut flowers (one bigger than the other two - hard to see, maybe) and window panel, assembled, added sentiment strip - done!! Note - the littlest flower layer was cut with a freebie die Mendi sent with a Sunny order - it perfectly matches this set so I keep them together!

When cutting the window panel, a trio of diamonds remained. Decided these would look great across a card with a poinsettia atop each diamond. The centers of these flowers were leftover from some die that cut little circles - no idea which...


I made this card before I got a good look at the CAS Christmas reminder post but I see the talented Cathy did an amazing trio of poinsettia in a vertical line. Just love the little Poppystamps die she used - I feel some enabling coming on....

I'm also adding my cards to Dawn's All Occasion Challenge at Watercooler Wednesday. Thanks to all for the fun challenge and to you for visiting!


 











17 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, I do love a Poinsettia.

R's Rue said...

So cute.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Betty said...

two lovely cards and great that you were able make two cards with those cute little poinsettias!

Kate said...

What a great way to use up scraps AND highlight that lovely Poinsettia die again!

Cat Craig said...

Those little poinsettias are so darned cute, Linda.

Dawn T said...

gorgeous cards Linda. Love them both. THanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Helen said...

So clever Linda!! Two wonderful cards!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Stay safe! :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both poinsettia cards are so pretty, Linda! I love how you arranged the flowers using the 3 windows! So clever! And you didn't waste anything, and made the second card! The poinsettias pop against the white diamond panels beautifully. I'm so glad that you made it to the cut-off time and shared the first card with us at CAS Christmas! Thank you! Hideko xx

Linda said...

Two beautiful CAS cards. Love the three scalloped windows. So pretty to showcase your poinsettias. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful twofers. Great slimline window design for these adorable poinsettias. Thank you for squeaking in your entry at CAS Christmas.

Greta said...

I do love poinsettias! Thanks to you I have the HA paper layering one which I do love! And I have others, so maybe I can do something like these! Fabulous cards, Linda!

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of christmas cards, linda! so fun you were able to create two cards from the one die cut!

Loll said...

Two adorable cards using your sweet, layered poinsettias, Linda!! Love how you've used the scalloped squares from the first card on the second card. Lovely twofers!! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

two pretty cards Linda and I especially like the first one. It's beautifully CAS and I really like the layout too x

Christine Alexander said...

Two great cards, I must admit I love the crisp white and the pop of the red and green poinsettia :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Jeanne H said...

Oh, I just love the white and red one with the great squares.

Jean said...

Fantastic florals - terrific petal layering.