Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Time for Shimmer and Shine!

Hey there - I'm popping in with a Christmas card for Challenge 10 at Let's Squash It!! Gail & Jo are helping us use all those embossing folders we've accumulated over the years and it's loads of FUN!!! This time they asked us to add shimmer and shine on our embossing - here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Christmas Collage;
Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio Navy; upcycled Hallmark card
Stamps - Hero Arts K5852 Joy Burst (retired)
Embossing Folder - Taylor Expressions Kaleidoscope (retired)
Inks - Hero Arts Navy; Taylored Expressions Pineapple
Other - Perfect Pearls; Copic Markers; 
Crystal Stickles; Hero Arts Clear Lacquer

I did some crafty cleanup last week and found seven stamped Joy Bursts, already fussy cut & partially colored. I added more color, lacquer and stickles but didn't know what to do with them yet. The new Squash It challenge gave me inspiration to use them. I dug out a never before used TE Kaleidoscope folder - poor thing is already retired! I embossed a white panel, rubbed pineapple ink across the texture, then spritzed it with Perfect Pearl water - learned this back in 2009 from Jennifer McGuire video #2 HERE. My mixture in the Ranger mini-mister looks orange but it leaves a lovely pearl shimmer on the paper - hard to see in the photo. Compare it to the white on which I stamped the JOY - the embossed panel started out that color!

With six more JOYs to use, I popped another atop some patterned paper from BoBunny's Winter Getaway Collection (2018). I used the same gold chevron paper with a narrow embossed strip left over from trimming the panel from card one. Here's my twofer:


I'm also adding card one to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge since my embossing folder got it's first play today. I still have 5 more JOYs so it'll be quick & easy to finish more 5 Christmas cards - my stash will be so happy!! Would love to hear which version you like better....

Thanks for stopping!!

  




13 comments:

Jean said...

Just wow - what an amazing combination of colors and visual elements!

Lia said...

Linda, I like the cards you make and I am going to be your follower!
Lia xx

Dawn T said...

WOW - I can just imagine the amazing shimmer that the perfect pearls created. It's a lovely card.

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, The Joy Burst is fabulous and coloured beautifully, my fav is the top one as I love the background you have created with the folder.

papierelle said...

It's a great stamp that can be used in a variety of ways. Beautifully colored and great cards.

Betty said...

how fun that you found those "joys" already to go - wonderful colors - especially love the second card!

Rosemary said...

wow... just took a quick stroll through your blog and you have been busy creating some amazing designs, linda! these two are absolutely gorgeous!

Jeanne H said...

I particularly love how you used unusual colors for your Joy cards. Good idea!!

Tina Z. said...

wow, such beautiful and cheerful colours! very creative!
Thank you for playing with us at Let's Squash It! where I am a Guest Designer.

Greta said...

That Joy is beautiful! I'm especially drawn to the second card with the blue paper that goes so beautifully with your coloring! Great cards, Linda!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful cards. Love the second one with the dominant blue colour (you can blame my blue-colour loving heart 😂).

Darnell said...

I love them both equally, Linda! I could feel your joy (no pun intended) from getting these two beautiful Christmas cards made with your found Joy Bursts and setting up to do five more! Job well done ~ your UFO stash is thinner and your Christmas card stash is thicker! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

ionabunny said...

That embossed background is awesome and good job on using the NBUS and UFO's. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz