Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 23, 2021

A Card Making Day!

Hey there - hope you're enjoying the weekend!! Several chorus friends also make cards and one of them, Julie, joined me yesterday for a card-making day. It was such fun to have someone else in the same room with me!! 

Julie claims she wasn't scared away but the sheer volume of my stash (I did mention it was only the tip of the iceberg...). Here's one of the cards I made:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card;
Momenta Watercolor prints
Dies - Hero Arts Leaves and Vines Fancy Die;
Stamp - Taylored Expressions Hand Lettered Sentiments
with coordinating die
Other - Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips Thanks;
Tea Dye Distress & Memento Tuxedo Black Inks

It's similar to a thank you card I made back in June but different enough that I thought I'd share. Interesting how rotating the background die 180 degrees and changing the paper colors slightly made a big difference. I left off the flower from the previous card, used a different sentiment plus a sentiment strip - love those! I made one other card but it's for my August Die Cut Diva post - check back 8/21. Julie made a bunch of cards - she was assembling Christmas card kits from her Stampin' Up demonstrator. Such a help for the demonstrator to put these together when she couldn't have classes during the pandemic. She'd either mail the kits or, if you lived close, you could pop over and pick them up from a box outside the door. That's what Julie could do, living in the same neighborhood.

My brother and his wife gave me Misty for her annual summer vacation with me. As usual, she wanted to "help" with crafting. I wasn't quick enough with the camera to get a shot of her climbing onto a ream of paper but here she is on a table. Don't laugh but I put a folding sewing table over top of my antique trunk. With the legs extended to counter height, the table fits perfectly over the truck. Julie didn't say a word but I'm sure she questioned the decorating in my dining room!!


Julie brought me a flower bouquet - so sweet of her!! I just love the rose colors in this one! It came in cellophane and I arranged it in one of my own vases - not bad, eh? I made simple sandwiches for lunch and we had some fruit salad left from a lunch I enjoyed at another friend's house on Wednesday. That friend will receive the card above & I'll make a different design for Julie.


And here's another thanks card using the fabulous Big Thanks Sugar Script from Birch Press Design (the July sponsor at Die Cut Divas). It's not tone-on-tone like the current DCD challenge but I thought I'd share another use of that die (see the other HERE if you missed it). Love, love, love the BPD Sugar Script line!!


This card went to Jeanne (RebaLiCreates). We went out for dinner last week and she gave me a couple Taylored Expressions die sets which I still need to try - thanks again, Jeanne! The funny thing about this card - I meant it to be a mini slimline 3.5x6" but it ended up 3x7" - I scored the wrong side - oops! Oh well, I just popped it in a 5x7 envelope. Jeanne probably rolled her eyes and wondered where my mind went!! Yeah - it's gone....

If you're still with me, thanks for hanging in and stopping by! Happy crafting!!


8 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like a lovely day in the craftroom - your results are stunning!

!neke said...

Great cat , great bouguet , your card is fabulous !!!
groeten Ineke

Dawn T said...

What a fun day you had with your friend Linda. Always good to stamp with friends. Love all your cards today. And Misty looks like she loves staying with Aunty Linda.

Betty said...

isn't it so fun to craft with friends!! i belong to a little card group and we meet once a month (one of us brings a kit for everyone to make a card) - and we have coffee and treats - and i love the cards you made - might just have to buy that leaves and vine die.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards, and what a beautiful/handsome cat.

Greta said...

Glad you've been able to meet with friends. Wish I lived closer! That first card is really beautiful & love the slimline with that wonderful word sentiment! I love that font, too--may need to get one of those word dies with a gc I have.

Rosemary said...

so nice you got to spend time with crafty friends, linda! you definitely created a great set of cards!

papierelle said...

You have designed a great card and you have a very charming visitor.