Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

A Short Christmas Train

Hey there - it's been a while! I've been busily mailing my Christmas cards, plus making more. You may remember I donated 41 cards to Hero Arts for their Holiday Cheer Drive in November. I also donated 6 cards to a chorus raffle basket. We had 15 amazing baskets to raffle at our show on 12/3, including this one to which I contributed:


You can see my cards at the back, each in a plastic sleeve & mounted on two cardboard sheets I'd covered with designer papers. The raffle coordinator said my display panels worked perfectly when she arranged the basket - yay! Besides the cards, I donated some cookie cutters plus an exclusive Hallmark snowman ornament that came in my VIP bag this year. You can't buy it in stores but I have enough snowman ornaments so donated it. At the chorus show we raised $1460 for a local shelter called Lewis House. The chorus has supported this charity for many years & it's been so rewarding! The show went great, by the way, but attendance was down due to weather and other conflicts. Oh well, we had fun!

With a total of 47 cards happily disappearing from my stash, I had to ramp up production in a big way this past weekend! I sent out a total of 81 cards, including 4 Hallmark cards to people I knew wouldn't miss a handmade one. On Sunday I went to the UFO bin to find bits to add to cards and came out with a few train pieces left from doing a previous card that went to Hero Arts' drive. 


I colored the train with Copics and put lacquer on the peppermint wheels. The star was left over from a colorful watercolor star card I made for the Hero Arts Holiday Stamp Along (Day 2 - class 10 by Channin Peltier). A Tim Holtz sentiment label and preprinted birch paper from BoBunny's Woodland Winter 6x6 collection finished the card. I'm entering this card in the December Christmas Kickstart Challenge to link up anything Christmas-y.

Next I looked at past cards for something quick and easy. I remembered doing one with embossed trees for the November Kickstart challenge but pared it down even further. I made 8 of these cards, definitely boosting my stash. I rubbed some of the embossed panels with white ink and others with green. The pre-foiled sentiments come from Pink Fresh Studio.


The silver foiled one in the upper right says "let heaven and nature sing". I didn't photograph the other 4 cards but each had a different sentiment with the same embossed trees and one glitter tree. Then I raided my Spellbinders Merry Wishes kit (Nov 2020 & finally opened!) for ephemera & put together a bunch more quick cards. Won't share those but I thought they turned out cute. Whew - now it's on to making thank you cards for gift received at the chorus Christmas party last week....

Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful day!!


9 comments:

HilaryJane said...

You have done well with your cards this year and you have been very generous with your donations. Sounds like you have got it all sorted now well done. Lovely collection of cards here, I particularly like that tree embossing folder (you know I bought after seeing it on your blog), so nice to see it used again xx

Jean said...

You've spread a lot of Christmas cheer - your basket looks amazing! You were a magician with your UFO bin findings!

Trina P. said...

You are amazing and so giving to these great causes. Awesome inspirations and ideas from your UFO box for quick cards.

Dawn T said...

Most impressive Linda. You made stunning cards and I am so happy to be the proud owner of one beautiful Christmas card. This lot is awesome.

papierelle said...

Now I am speechless!! You sent 81 cards?!!! You are really very generous and every single card will be accepted with great joy.
And I am very happy that you got so much money for the local shelter. This is great support!!!

CinnamonSally said...

Well done for contributing to these causes Linda and sending 81 cards is amazing. thank you so much for mine and your kind words it was greatly appreciated. have a wonderful Christmas. SALLYX

Julia Aston said...

What a great job and wonderful donation with your cards in that lovely basket! and donating so many cards as well! Have a blessed Christmas! xx

Rosemary said...

Another wonderful set of cards, Linda. Wow! You have been very busy making cards. Enlarged the photo so I could see all your wonderful cards in that amazing basket.

Greta said...

Glad the concert went well, even if the attendance was down. I really do need to get that tree folder before next Christmas as I love everything I've seen made with it!