Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, December 31, 2022

More Snowflakes!

Happy New Year's Eve!! 

Today's the last day to enter the December Let's Squash It Challenge, then Gail & Jo are taking a hiatus from new challenges. Since I'm guest designing this month, I thought I'd pop in with some last minute inspiration. Yesterday my sister-in-law and I went shopping at my favorite Minnesota paper warehouse, Anchor Paper. AP had 30% off all Christmas items but, after all my shopping in Arizona, I only allowed myself to get an embossing folder.

Supplies: Paper - Parklane A2 cards; Neenah White;
Hero Arts Glitter Basics
Embossing Folder - Sizzix Winter Sweater
Dies - various snowflakes
Other - Taylored Expressions sentiment strip

And here's a Twofer:

Additional Supplies: Poppystamps Oval die, 
Simon Says Stamp sentiment (with the Peace cut off)
mini star gems

I can't decide which color shows the embossed pattern better - what do you think? Besides the reindeer, there are bunches of bitty snowflakes (a bit hard to see). Perfect for the LSI challenge to include either snowflakes &/or stars.

I'll also link up to Darnell's December NBUS Challenge, since my ef is getting first play, and to the December Christmas Kickstart Challenge looking for Anything Christmasy-y.

Thanks to all these challenges for a wonderful 2022 & thanks to you for stopping!!



 





8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards, Linda! I can see the embossing well on both, but I think the second cards shows it off just a bit more. Happy New Year!

Jean said...

Wonderful takes on the Winter Sweater embossing folder. Happy New Year!

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful!

papierelle said...

If it's cold and enough snow falls, then you have enough inspiration for such beautiful cards!!!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet cards...can there every been enough snowflake cards?

Trina P. said...

Wonderful inspirations… and congrats on GD! 👏

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of snowflake inspired cards, linda!

Greta said...

They're both beautiful, but I'm really drawn to the 2nd one!