Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, December 30, 2022

A Final Christmas card for 2022

Hey there - sorry to be offline for a while! I spent two weeks in Arizona with my sisters who live there, plus Dad visited too! We had loads of fun playing cards and eating holiday foods, missing Mom of course. My brother and his wife spent Thanksgiving in AZ so they stayed in Minnesota. Anyway, I'm home now & getting ready for 2023 to arrive.

Before that, I'll share a final 2022 Christmas card I made while in Arizona. My sister invited a friend to Christmas Eve dinner so I made him a card. I was giving cards to family members attending the dinner so couldn't leave out Frank. Forgive the bad photo - I had none of my usual staging props & just popped the card onto a piece of paper :(

Supplies: Paper - MFT Holly Jolly; glitter cardstock
Dies - Lawn Fawn Snow Flurries Backdrop
Stamp - Hero Arts Merry Christmas Messages (retired)

I picked up the LF die set at my favorite Arizona craft store Scraps of Love. They also have a discount outlet next door and I got an old MFT Christmas kit at a deep discount, along with a bunch of other items. I'm entering this card in the December Christmas Kickstart Challenge to link up anything Christmas-y. Plus, since the LF die is newly used, I'm also linking up at Darnell's December NBUS Challenge.

I came home to a pile of mail that my neighbor collected for me, including a bunch of Christmas cards. Here's a quickie photo of the cards I received from my crafty friends, including a machine stitched one from a dear friend from Wisconsin. So much crafty goodness & if you sent me a card, many thanks - I appreciate you!


Thanks for stopping & I'll get back to visiting blogs and commenting soon!


 


10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, Linda. Your card is stunning - I always love a rich blue background. Lovely to hear that you had some special family time. Take care and happy new year, Jo x

HilaryJane said...

I am glad you had a good break with your family and that it was somewhere warm. great card love the contrast with the white and deep blue, just gorgeous. Wonderful selection of cards you received too xx

Lin said...

So glad you were with family! You missed the Christmas snow last weekend? Good timing, though I bet you still have some on the ground.....we didn't get all that much, but the temps were frosty here. All gone now, a rise of about 50 some degrees in a week! Happy New Year, Linda!

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas gathering, Linda! Pretty card, love the deep blue!

Jean said...

A lovely wintery Merry Christmas! How fun to be away from the cold!

TK said...

Beautiful - dark blue and white always toucch my heart, and this die is gorgeous!

papierelle said...

Your card is simple but beautiful. Great effect!! And you got beautiful cards!!

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely card to end last years batch with.

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, linda! looks like you came home to alot of happy mail! happy new year!

Greta said...

Glad you had a nice time away & that your dad could be there! Love the card--neat LF die!