Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 3, 2021

Plaid poinsettia

Hey everyone - it's a gloomy day here in Minnesota but the September CAS Christmas Challenge brightened things up! Theme = plaid, how fun!! I still had a bunch of materials out from a previous poinsettia card and decided to make a CAS plaid version!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid - Winter;
Pink & Main Jolly; Paper Studio Holiday & Old World Winter
Dies - Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia;
A Jillian Vance Design Mini Slimline Backdrop Set;
Other - Honey Bee gems;

The plaid poinsettia has two layers of the red plaid from Old World Winter and the middle layer is from Pink & Main's Jolly. I used the AJVD slimline set for my trio of rectangles; the plaid one is from Lawn Fawn's Winter plaid. Sorry if the photo is bad; it is VERY gloomy & rainy today! 

If you checked out my previous slimline poinsettia card, I'd be interested to know which one you prefer. The Hero Arts poinsettia die I used is a fave and I use it often every year - first year for mini slimlines though!

Julia, one of the CAS Christmas DT, wonders how the Christmas card production goes. Well, with this one I'm up to 47 so better than one per week but nowhere near where I should be! Thank goodness for CAS Christmas to inspire me!!

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!





15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, what a great way to add plaid to your Christmas card. I love the country look of this card.

Christine Alexander said...

your plaid poinsettia looks wonderful, I haven't played with the mini slimline cards style yet but it looks interesting :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥

Dawn T said...

Love your plaid poinsettia. Great CAS card.

Lin said...

Love your idea to use plaid to make your flower, Linda - why haven't I thought of that? Must go check out my dies and stamps to see how my goodies will work .......

Jean said...

Love your choices! You're doing great things with the mini slimline set and those Sentiment Strips!

Rosemary said...

Love that fun plaid poinsettia, Linda!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a wonderful and fresh idea to use plaid for a poinsettia, Linda! I love it and it's so pretty!
You've already made 47 Christmas cards, and that's nowhere near where you should be? You have so many friends!!
Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Cindy C. said...

So clever, I love it! Love the plaid poinsettia!

Chrissie said...

Thanks for your visit… I love this one, I have to say it caught my eye… I may have to try a plaid poinsettia!
Awesome!

Kate said...

OMG I love it!!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

So charmingly pretty! This festive make has me wishing that plaid poinsettias (or any flower in plaid, come to think of it) were real. Alas, such is not the case, but happily, as you've demonstrated here, we can create a whole greenhouse's worth of them, if so desired, with our stashes.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Barb Ghig said...

Such a charming 'country Christmas' card, Linda! I love your plaid Poinsettia and your mini slimline set is perfect for your design...Love this sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

Colleen said...

Linda I am so glad we have inspired you with all your 47 Christmas cards so far...just make 4 or 5 of each one from now on and maybe you will be good when it is time to mail them. Thank you for playing along with our "plaid" challenge...I love your different plaids on the poinsettia, different and unique, I love that! Thank you again for playing along with us at CAS Christmas, always good to see you in the gallery! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Greta said...

Don't think I've ever made a plaid poinsettia--really fun look! I have you to thank for "making" me get the HA poinsettia which is really a wonderful die!

Loll said...

LOVE your plaid poinsettia Linda!! It's so pretty and looks great with the great framed sentiment. Wonderful CAS design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

I have only managed to make about 36 Christmas cards so far this year ... and they are all for donation. I still need to make about 60 for me to mail out to family and friends. Better get a move on!! xx