Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 30, 2021

Red poinsettia on pink mini slimline

Hey crafty friends - Happy Monday, at least where I am in the world! Hope I'm not stretching the inspiration photo for the current Christmas Kickstart challenge but I was inspired to combine many elements, none too obvious, for my card. This is my third and final entry.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Hero Arts pine;
Momenta watercolor print; Paper Studio Holiday
Dies - Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia;
A Jillian Vance Design Mini Slimline Backdrop Set;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired);
retired alphabet, Taylored Expression, I think
Other - Park Lane gems;


I spotted some pink ornaments on the tree so was inspired to use a pink background. The rich red in the striped packages directed me to a red poinsettia. I used the green from the tree banner for my circles (inspired by the hanging circles) with the pop of the white for letters. Thanks to Jo and elf Hilary for a fun challenge!!

That's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow with some last of the month inspiration for our Die Cut Diva watercoloring challenge - hope to see you in our gallery! Thanks for stopping by!!


9 comments:

Betty said...

love the combo of pink and red, Linda - lovely card!

HilaryJane said...

Three entries, well done you. You are on a roll with your Christmas cards. The photo is such good inspiration and I can see how it inspired this one, but thanks for your explanation anyway and thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful creations with us at Christmas Kickstarter this month xx

Rosemary said...

wonderful mini slimline card, linda! that poinsettia is fabulous!

Cindy C. said...

Very delightful card!! Love the colors you picked out from the inspiration photo.

Lin said...

I like the added pink to the traditional colors, Linda! A happy card!

Dawn T said...

love the red against the pink on your sweet card. Love the little circles to make up the sentiment.

Trina P. said...

Great eye on the inspiration photo. Beautiful card. Love the pink!

Jean said...

Your whimsical sentiment is a delight - provides an unexpected element.

Greta said...

Very cheery & pretty, Linda!