Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, September 6, 2021

More Christmas cards

Happy Labor Day to those celebrating in the great USA!

I'm still working on my Christmas stash - in barely 3 months we'll have to begin mailing them! I'll start by sharing another poinsettia card with plaid for the current CAS Christmas Challenge.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Pink & Main Jolly;
Paper Studio Holiday & glitter; Neenah white
Dies - Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia
Stamps - Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripes;
Hero Arts red and green inks; Twisted Citron Distress Ink

This time I used a solid but two toned poinsettia with some green plaid leaves atop a stamped plaid border. My intention was to stamp plaid through a forest stencil - it turned out badly, take a look:


Last Thursday I received a Sunny Studio order with a new forest stencil set - love, love, love it. Had to give it a go and made the card below yesterday. So today I thought it would be fun to try stenciling a plaid through it - nope, too small a stencil area for those big red rubber stripes. Oh well, I used the bottom plaid panel for my poinsettia card and the rest went to recycling. I even had to cut off the nice white area above the tree since my inky fingers blobbed it, sigh... I used two brands of diagonal striped backgrounds, each in its separate MISTI. Made it so easy to ink with one color then pop the panel into a second MISTI for the other stamp with a different color.


Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; 
Neenah white & black; Paper Studio glitter
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Sweet Gingerbread Add On Set &
Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Bough, & Pine Needles Distress Inks

The Sunny Studio stencil set contains three panels and I used all three multiple times with three different Distress Inks to create my forest. Thought it would be fun to add a die cut tree from a new die set I bought from AJVD recently. I'm adding my stenciled forest card to NBUS 30 since the stencil set got first use here. ** Update - Jennifer McGuire shared a different forest stencil card here today, with a video - love how hers turned out although she wasn't the inspiration for mine. These layered forests have been done before - I don't claim mine was the first :)

That's it for today, friends - have a wonderful day!!





14 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Christmas colours, your poinsettia really pops against the green plaid. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥

Dawn T said...

Fabulous cards. Love the poinsettia with the plaid behind it. And your forest of trees is lovely

papierelle said...

I love poinsettias, great card. And I'm really fascinated by your third card, it looks amazing, how you designed the forest!!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What elegant, immensely lovely holiday season greetings. I especially adore the deep, rich reds that you used for the beautiful poinsettias on the first card.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Marcia Hill said...

Loving all the green plaid with your Poinsettia Linda...BEAUTIFUL card! Loving your stenciled tree card too!! I'm sorry the plaid through the stencil didn't turn out like you thought it would...I have that happen way too many times to count! But hey, you tried!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas...we always love seeing you in the gallery!! Hugs, Marcia (DT) :0)

Cat Craig said...

Good for you. I have a couple of idea for cards...finding it easier to make 5 of a style to get to my magic but reduced number of 60 this year. Lovely set to add to your stash.

Darnell said...

Love these cards, Linda! I always love the wonderful depth from the layering of stamps in ombre colors like your beautiful forest, but it's your first poinsettia card with deep green and stunning plaid that stole my heart today! Fabulous! Thank you for sharing your forest with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

These are both fantastic! Festive, great colors, very Christmassy!

Rosemary said...

Wow! Amazing set of Christmas cards, Linda! You have been very busy!

Colleen said...

I LOVE LOVE your poinsettia card...the dies have so much detail to them and the plaid for the strip in the background is just stunning! Another beauty for your stash, way to go! And your forest of trees is just as lovely, I like the added die cut tree for added interest! Once again thank you for sharing at CAS Christmas ! and good job getting those cards done!

Greta said...

I love layered forests! I made one with a wooden stamp nearly 20 years ago & it was one of my first published cards. So glad that design doesn't go out of style & your version is beautiful, Linda! Love the poinsettia card with that great plaid!

Trina P. said...

Great set of cards. The poinsettia card is beautiful. Wonderful ombré stencilling of the row of trees on your second card.

Loll said...

LOVE your gorgeous layered poinsettia and leaves on top of the plaid strip, Linda. The colours are bright and beautiful, as is the green card base. Your stenciled, layered trees are so pretty! What a great stencil to play with. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Julia Aston said...

A great creative try to use the plaid with the trees - it's so fun to use things in different ways so A+ for that Linda! Your plaid card is so pretty with the open space in the green and your tree stencil card is beautiful with the layering of different greens! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx