Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 10, 2021

A Retirement Bouquet

TGIF crafty friends! Hope you have a special weekend planned - those of us in the US will be observing Patriots' Day tomorrow in remembrance of the horrendous events of 20 years ago. It's also my baby sister's birthday so we have joy from that dimmed by the deep sorrow from 9/11/2001. But we will celebrate her birthday with a cake - no candles, she said.

For today I have another card featuring the Hero Arts Togetherness Bouquet - this time I stamped it onto watercolor paper and colored with Distress reinkers. You can see a mini slimline version I did last month HERE. The new version will go to my neighbor Therese who's retiring this month. She loves flowers and maintains a stunning garden that I envy.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Momenta watercolor print;
Paper Studio silver A2 card; scraps of various greens;
Strathmore cold press watercolor paper; Co'redinations White Glove
Stamps - Hero Arts Togetherness Flower Bouquet;
A Jillian Vance Design Tweet WordsAltenew Floral Frame
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Plaid Coverplate;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 28 (banner - retired);
Spellbinders Sentiments One; CAS-ual Fridays Garden Fri-dies (retired)
Taylored Expressions Rustic Floral
Other - various Distress Reinkers; Michael's gems

I had to go on the hunt for white glitter paper today since my Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) Christmas pad mix didn't have any left. Well, didn't find that Christmas pad at the Hobby Lobby I visited and they didn't have any single sheets of white. Then I tried Michael's - no luck. Finally found some at JoAnn's. Die cut Congratulations from the white glitter (it's a very subtle one) and then stacked atop some plain white ones. The little flagged banner is a really long one and I just did the trick of cutting down the end. The sentiment stamp actually says "Congrats on your retirement" but I just did some surgery and snipped off the Congrats - it'll come in handy as a single word later. I also stacked some white die cuts behind the watercolored bouquet for some dimension.

That's it for now. I'm sending this card to Watercooler Wednesday - All About Occasions Challenge and the current NBUS Challenge since my Tweet Words stamp set is new. Hope that's not too little of an NBUS, Darnell...

Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!

 

 





11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely bouquet for your neighbor, now she'll admire your gifted card garden. Enjoy your weekend.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous bouquet Linda. Makes a great card. And with my WCC hat on... thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge,

Lin said...

Perfect card for your neighbor, Linda - she will love it! A gorgeous mix against the trellis!

Rosemary said...

your neighbor will treasure this beautiful retirement card, linda!

Jean said...

I love hearing about your quest for white glitter paper! It's something I hoard. :-) Gorgeous bouquet!

Viv said...

Such a glorious flowery card here Linda, I love it ;) Viv xx

HilaryJane said...

This is gorgeous, bet the glitter looks stunning. Well done for tracking it down xx

Helen said...

I love this bouquet and you have coloured it beautifully! I loe the pretty colurs peeping through from the background. A great retirement card!I imagine it looks amazing IRL. Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Stay safe! :)

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card, love the trellis style background for the bouquet, both versions of your card are gorgeous Linda. Thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

Greta said...

Oh wow--one of my favorite Linda cards! You're again making me add to my wishlist! That bouquet image is beautiful & I already thought the Stitched Plaid cover plate was great! Lucky neighbor!

Linby said...

So beautiful. I love that background die. Well done on the NBUS use.