Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

What the Elf?!

Hey crafty friends - it's always hard to get back on track after a holiday weekend. Luckily, a new Christmas Kickstart Challenge has posted today! After my early morning dental check-up I hurried home to start something right away. Challenge 54 asks for a funny card so I went with a 2017 Hero Arts stamp set with puny elf messages.

Supplies: Paper - Sunny Studio All is Bright;
Paper Studio teal and red; Neenah White
Die - My Favorite Things Blueprints 2 (retired)
Stamps - Hero Arts Irreverant Elf Messages (retired)
Other - Copic Markers

Besides the puny elf messages like "but first lemme take an elfie" and "no elf'n way", the set contains oodles of little icons & elf heads. I first stamped a grid of 9 (3x3) heads using a MISTI. Then I spotted an old film strip die with 5 openings. So I added 2 more heads to vertical row 1, colored them with Copics (hand drawing the bodies), and put them behind the grid windows. Added a candy striped panel, solid strip and the sentiment - done! Thanks to Jo & elf Anesha for a fun challenge!!


11 comments:

Rosemary said...

Super cute slimline card, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Darling Slimline. Good for you drawing in the bodies. Such a great design.

Cindy C. said...

Very fun indeed!!

Dawn T said...

Love this one Linda. Great idea to use the film strip for your elves

Crafting Queen said...

This made me laugh, thank you for joining Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Anesha x

Jean said...

This could not be any cuter - adorable!!

Greta said...

Oh what a cute card, Linda!

papierelle said...

Very funny and cute!!!

Trina P. said...

How fun and adorable! The filmstrip works perfectly.

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for getting us started at Christmas Kickstart! I love your elfin crew - especially the one with the shades! Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, it's always good to have you join the fun! Jo x

Arlene said...

Oh so cute and creative. I love the sentiment and those cute elves.