Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Kitty with a Cauldron

Hey crafty friends - I made a quick card this afternoon for the current Tic Tac Toe Challenge #132. My friend Betty (created by bjk) hosts this week with a fun board she made - I just had to play along!! 

Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle A2 card; Neenah white and black; 
Doodlebug & My Mind's Eye patterns
Stamps - Sunny Studio Bewitching
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Art Deco Backdrop Die Set;
Sunny Studio Bewitching Dies
Other - Copic Markers, Stickles, foam tape, 
Memento Tuxedo Black ink


I used the top left to bottom right diagonal of Die Cut*Free*Fall/Halloween Theme. Betty likes Halloween so I brewed up a cauldron full of fun for her. I couldn't resist Sunny Studio's cute kitty. She'll be useable all year round since the witchy hat is separate. Found a fun MME ombre paper and cut it with a deco die. The die set has a large A2 frame and then interior layers for matting. I didn't want to use the entire frame but trimmed some pieces for the right side of my card. Not sure if I like it but, oh well...

I used some Penny Black Halloween stamps for the background; thanks again to my friend Jean (Right as Rain) for sending them to me! The sentiment is from the kitty set. And here's a snippet of my first photo - I kept looking at it and realized my cauldron was upside down!! My first thought was, did I color the flames wrong - LOL. Had to carefully peel off the errant cauldron, flip it & reattach, then take a new photo - such a pain.

So that's my card for today - thanks to Betty for the fun TTTC board and to the rest of Team X for their inspiration! I'm also adding my card to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge since my kitty set is getting its first play today. Thanks Darnell for helping me use my stash!!

Hope you have a crafty day - thanks for visiting!

 



10 comments:

Rosemary said...

super fun card, linda! love how you used the ajvd art deco die in your design. glad you were able to remove the cauldron and put it right side up!

CinnamonSally said...

Fun Halloween card Linda.

Betty said...

this is adorable, Linda - love it - and so good to see you in our challenge - and hope to see you more - thanks for joining in!

Pia S said...

This is so well designed. I especially love the effect of the "half 'n half" of patterned paper and Art Deco framing. A clever and fun decorative touch. A cute witchy kitten too.

Jean said...

Super cute - cats and Halloween are a winning combination!

Dawn T said...

Super cute Linda. What a hoot putting your cauldron upside down. Looks great the right way up.

papierelle said...

If Halloween is always so cute, then I like it too.

HilaryJane said...

I am so glad you make mistakes like that as it is the sort of thing I do. It is always reassuring to hear others making similar mistakes. I really like your framing and the fact that it is different each side, love that rusty colour too xx

Cat Craig said...

What a darling lil kitty cat on your festive card.

Greta said...

Now that is one, cute Halloween card!