Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, April 16, 2021

Twofer Leaves

 Hey crafty friends - sorry I've been missing in action again! Seems I don't get as much time card making & blogging these days... Anyway, I'm popping in with a twofer for the current Twofer Challenge.

I used a fabulous coverplate from Sunny Studio that I got back in January and just love - Botanical Backdrop. Besides the leafy frame you get flower parts - I still haven't snipped them apart from the frame since it's handy to cut everything together or use it all to emboss. 

For card one I cut everything in white and just used the frame. Note - I did snip off a leaf that covered part of my sentiment. For card two I placed scraps of green on just the leaves I wanted from the die and then snipped off the frame parts. I used the white flowers from step one plus a few pastel parts left from other projects. The oval was another leftover part. Here's a closer look at each card with supply list:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Momenta Gemstones;
Paper Studio A2 card
Die - Sunny Studio Botanical Backdrop
Stamp - CAS-ual Fridays Peace and Comfort (retired)
Other - Taylored Expressions clear enamel dots & Oreo ink


Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Momenta Watercolor;
Concord & 9th; Authentique; Paper Studio A2 card
Dies - Sunny Studio Botanical Backdrop;
Avery Elle Quilted Frame
Other - Copic Marker R20; SSS Thanks Sentiment Strips

We've experienced such loss of life worldwide in this last year. I hope you can find peace and comfort somewhere! Thanks for the visit and thanks to Darnell & team for another challenge!!




12 comments:

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of cards, linda! love the clever way your created both your leaves for the challenge.

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Linda.

Betty said...

love both of these - that's a really neat coverplate - especially like the green and white card - so elegant!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet takes on the Twofer leaves.

Trina P. said...

Fantastic use of the Botanical Backdrop die for your twofers.

Greta said...

I love the cover plate & both your cards, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Two stunning cards Linda. I really love how you made two such different cards with the same die. Very impressive

Bonnie said...

I love the crispness of the white frame against the green paper, Linda! And what a beautiful sentiment! The collage of flowers and leaves is a wonderful way to say thanks! Thank you for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Darnell said...

And the same to you, Linda. We have to somehow find peace and comfort no matter how hard and tragic this past year has been. Your message is perfect framed with that lovely white leaf die. And I love that you showcased more of the die in your second design and used bits of your stash, too. That flower and background are gorgeous! Thank you for playing in TCC #37! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Dance said...

A week or so ago, I put myself on a craft budget. I told myself that I can't even visit EH or SSS! Well, after seeing this cover plate, that budget may wait until next month, lol! It's gorgeous! Love how it frames your sentiment on the first card. The little clear dots really emphasize your design perfectly. The white is such a compliment to your green base, too. So pretty. And your thank you card is delightful. Full of soft colors and I love all the layers. That flower is pretty too! Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

Anita in France said...

Your crisp, white, leafy die cut frames that lovely supportive sentiment beautifully, Linda ... and how pretty do the trimmed out leaves look with that soft, layered bloom against the woodgrain background! A fabulous duo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

AlisonC said...

That frame is very pretty and I love the look of the sentiment on your first card. I has a pretty handwritten look. Lovely to use the flower as well on the second and cutting up the leaves was a good idea. Alison Twofer GD