Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, April 19, 2021

Rainbow Merry Christmas

Happy Monday! I'm sharing a card for the current CAS Christmas Challenge, hosted by the amazing Trina (Phamtastic Design). Here's my rainbow themed card:

Supplies: Paper - Bazzill A2 card; Neenah; Paper Studio
Sunny Studio Slimline Pennant Dies &
Other - various Distress Inks;



I first sponged Distress inks in rainbow colors onto a white panel, then die cut my letters. Funny aside, I cut the word HAPPY instead of MERRY at first - must've been thinking of birthday cards I need!! Luckily, I had enough of the rainbow panel to cut the second word. 😀😀

I stacked the rainbow letters with a set of thick white ones, then added a black shadow. Adhered the letters onto a white card but had to cut it down since the top corner of the card got wrinkled. I used a slimline stitched pennant die with the ends cut off. Added the panel to a red card and popped up the Christmas strip. Decided the M didn't have enough red so added a red poinsettia with gem - done!!

Thanks to Trina & the CAS Christmas team for a fun challenge! I need these challenges to keep up my Christmas card production, although I'm lagging a bit behind last year....

**Update** - At Gundi's invitation, I'm also adding to the Day of the Month Card Club Find a Rainbow Day challenge. Thanks Gundi (papierelle)!!

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty week!!

13 comments:

papierelle said...

A wonderful idea and design and I like that you let the letters work for you. Don't you feel like showing this card at the current Day of the Month Card Club challenge? Our topic: Find a rainbow day.
https://dayofthemonthcardclub.blogspot.com/2021/04/26-find-rainbow-day-day.html
Gundi

Betty said...

agree with Gundi - great idea to do rainbow letters - super CAS design!!!

CinnamonSally said...

This is gorgeous Linda, love your rainbow letters.

Trina P. said...

Great card. Amazing ink blending. The black shadow make it pop beautifully. Happy Christmas would have worked, too. Thank you for brightening up the gallery at CAS Christmas this month.

Rosemary said...

What a fun Christmas card, Linda!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful rainbow Christmas card, Linda! Clever to color the rainbow first and die-cut the letters. (And you still have rainbow "HAPPY" for a birthday card!) The red poinsettia is a wonderful touch and it emphasizes the rainbow spectrum. Thank you so much for sharing this bright and festive card with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Dawn T said...

Simply gorgeous card Linda. Love the rainbow sentiment.

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful rainbow "merry" you came up with Linda, and YAY for the happy mistake that you now get to make a rainbow birthday card too! CAS and definitely a FUN card!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!! :0)

papierelle said...

Thanks for linking.

Jean said...

Very distinctive, non-traditional AND fun combination.

Loll said...

Wonderful design Linda! Love your MERRY in rainbow colours. Such a fun card! And you also have the bonus of having a rainbow HAPPY for another card. :) Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG those letters really pop. Love them ♥ thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Greta said...

Love the rainbow word for a fun Christmas card!