Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, April 23, 2021

Merry Days Sleigh

TGIF everyone!! I'm trying to ramp up the Christmas card production and created this card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge:


Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Yuletide Carol 6x6;
Paper Studio Holiday; Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic
Dies - Poppystamps Capri Sleigh (retired)
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangles;
Michael's gems
Other - Tim Holtz Christmas Layers (2020);

Because the sleigh has a vintage feel, I perused my piles of paper pads to find the perfect match. BoBunny's Yuletide Carol Collection from 2018 fit the bill. I thought the jumbo 25 from Tim Holtz Christmas Layers pack tied in well with the reverse sentiment strip. I added a black shadow to the sleigh to make it stand out a bit better.

Thanks to Jo & her elf for a fun Christmas challenge!! I'm also adding this to Watercooler Wednesday where my friend Dawn (Dawn's World) is hosting an All Occasions Challenge. Thanks Dawn & WCW team for the inspiration!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

 

13 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Great choice of vintage papers to go with your beautiful sleigh.
Jane
Guest Elf at Christmas Kickstart

Rosemary said...

lovely vintage design, linda!

Dotty Jo said...

Your choice of papers complements that gorgeous sleigh perfectly! I love the large numbers too. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Linda, always great to have you in the gallery, Jo x

Jean said...

That sentiment combination is brilliant! Love the bold numbers, the sheet music, and the darling sleigh!

Cindy C. said...

Oh this is a wonderful design Linda! I am still procrastinating and haven't made a card for this challenge yet, I'd better start cracking! :D

Trina P. said...

Beautiful vintage Christmas card. The collage design works so well for it.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the details on your vintage look card Linda. The sleigh is a gorgeous shape and I love that huge 25 against the sheet music. Vicky x

Cat Craig said...

Lovely vintage looking card, Linda. So festive.

Greta said...

Lovely Christmas card with the vintage vibe!

Dawn T said...

A stunner Linda. Love the layers and such pretty papers. And a big thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Helen said...

What a wonderfully eye-catching Christmas card, Linda! I love the beautiful papers you found. They give a great old world look! Love this one!! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Stay safe! :)

Heidi Weaver said...

What a great Christmas card design, Linda. The patterns work so well with your lovely die-cuts. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Heidi Weaver said...

Linda, your choice of patterned papers and die-cuts combined make this a stunning Christmas card. Thanks so much for linking to our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and sharing with us.