Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Peace and love birdies

Hey crafty friends - I'm back with a second card (of three allowed) for Christmas Kickstart where challenge 44 has the theme Peace on Earth.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Holiday;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White:
Basic Grey Aspen Frost (bark pattern)
Stamps - Hero Arts CM100 Christmas Messages;
My Favorite Things Winter Songbird and 
Tweet Holidays (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 27 and
Lawn Fawn Stitched Labels
Other - foam tape; Crystal Stickles

A while back I ordered the Winter Birds stamp set from My Favorite Things, plus a few other goodies including Blueprints 27. My friend Lin (Sending Hugs) sent me some panels stamped from MFT's Holiday Tweets (retired) which included the little birdhouse and the birdie pair wrapped in the long scarf. Thanks again, Lin!! I thought they'd be darling with a couple other birdies from the Winter Songbird set in the windows of Blueprints 27. I stacked the window panel three thick for dimension and backed it with some birch bark paper from Basic Grey. Because I'd put everything together before stamping the sentiment, I popped it onto a label before adding to the window. A few Stickles - done!

I'm also sharing at Darnell's December NBUS Challenge since my Blueprints 27 is getting its first play here and at Merry Little Christmas Anything Goes Christmas (second of five allowed). Also to Sisterhood of Crafters Anything Goes Christmas/Winter.

Thanks for visiting! Hope you're enjoying this holiday season - I've got three cards left to mail, including this one. Then I'll be helping my mom mail out her Hallmark cards :)









17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Hi there Linda, thank you so much for entering your gorgeous project into our "ANYTHING GOES CHRISTMAS/WINTER" challenge atThe sisterhood of crafters this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Cheers, aNNie DT Member
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

papierelle said...

This card is so beautiful and lovely!!!

CinnamonSally said...

Cute card with the sweet birds Linda!

Dotty Jo said...

Such a lovely card! Love the cute critters. I spend hours watching the birds during this time of the year as we have feeders and a table in our garden. Thanks for joining Shirley and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Lin said...

I love seeing all the birds together, Linda - perfect design to show them off!

Cindy C. said...

Super cute and super sweet card Linda!!

Darlene said...

Oh Linda this is SO cute! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Rosemary said...

wonderful scene card, linda! all the little birds are so perfectly colored!

Betty said...

all those little birdies in their own little nook are so cute!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Linda. Lovely card. Those birds are delightful.

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Linda. Lovely card. Those birds are delightful.

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Linda! Wow, I just adore this beautiful card!! Those birds are so cute!! Love the details. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can play along again soon. Happy Holidays!

Trina P. said...

So adorable. The colours are fabulous and festive. Love how you combined retired with new.

Jean said...

Fantastic design - that frame is just perfect to showcase the songbirds!

Greta said...

So sweet--love the frame!

shirley-bee said...

This is so sweet, Linda! I love the pair in the scarf-for-two 😍
Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Kickstart.
Shirley, guest elf 🧝‍♀️

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.

Helen x