Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Peace and Comfort

Hey crafty friends - I'm back today with a feminine sympathy card for my friend, Kathy. Her mom died after a lengthy illness, thankfully not the virus! 


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Turquoise A2 card &
Holiday Paper pack (red/green);
Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes (pink & aqua)
Stamps - CAS-ual Fridays Peace and Comfort (retired)
Dies - CAS-ual Fridays Garden Fri-dies (retired);
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle
Honey Bee A2 Thin Frames
Other - Honey Bee Beach Vibes gems

I won a CAS-ual Fridays prize this summer at the Card Chain Challenge. I could pick anything and I liked Peaceful Garden. Gail sent me a friend die too (if interested, see it used here) - thanks again, Gail! Next thing you know I was back shopping there and bought companion sets of Peace and Comfort & Garden Fri-dies. I die cut a flower and 2 leaves from the Fri-die set, then stamped the Peace and Comfort sentiment on a panel die cut with a stitched rectangle. The sentiment's letters have lots of open areas that I filled in with a black Sharpie. The plain stamped panel looked very unfocused and I was having trouble finding a good spot for the flower. Lightbulb, as Virginia (Yes, Virginia) would say - I pulled out some Honey Bee thin frames my friend Betty (created by bjk) sent me and found the perfect black one. The frame added the right touch, I thought - thanks again, Betty!! I popped the flower into one corner and some gems into the other 3 corners - done! BTW Betty, you enabled me - I bought the HB die set, plus the gems, when I was in Arizona back in August. Not that I need to use them yet since I have plenty from you!! 😇😇

My card's going to the current Watercooler Wednesday where Tristan is hosting Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist. I'm also adding to Darnell's December NBUS challenge since my CAS-ual Fridays sets are getting first play.

 

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!

10 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sorry about your friend's loss, Linda. You've made a beautiful card to let her know you care.

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely condolence card, Linda. It shows your care.

Rosemary said...

what a lovely sympathy card, linda!

Karen Brown said...

Beautiful sympathy card! The statement sentiment is lovely and adding the sweet rose adds a nice feminine touch. Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Greta said...

Lovely sympathy card--beautifully designed!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful sympathy card, I love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Dawn T said...

A superb sympathy card Linda. Love the bold sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

Jean said...

A lovely sympathy card for a somber occasion.

Created by Kath said...

Great sympathy card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Kath-DT

Darnell said...

That says it all in a perfect way for a sympathy card, Linda. I love the frame and the flower additions. I'm sure it will bring comfort to Kathy. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell