Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

November Card Chain Reveal

Wow - it's December 2nd already and time to reveal the cards that went round the world for the Card Chain Challenge! Twenty seven people played along and you can see the entire chain HERE. You only need to send one card and you receive one from the person behind you in the chain. I sent this card to Gail (Crafty Nomad) in Norway:


Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle & Co blush A2 card; 
Hero Arts blue; Anchor Paper silver; 
and a scrap of white
Stamps - Simon Say Stamp Falling Stars (retired);
Hero Arts All Occasion Messages (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts Stylish Stars (retired);
My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 & 18 (retired)
Other - sequins and star confetti; star gems;
Memento Summer Sky ink; acetate

I used the color scheme and a modified version of the sketch. Also used the themes of stars and friendship, plus the technique of Aperture.


Thanks to Nathalie who sent me the sequin mix with her October Card Chain Challenge card! I added some Martha Stewart star confetti to it for my shaker.  Despite adding anti static powder to the inside, some of the star confetti preferred to stick to the acetate. Enough of it moved with the sequins for an effective shaker, I hope!! The star gems came from my friend Heather (Stamping and Stitching) but I didn't save the packaging for the manufacturer...

My friend and sister Die Cut Diva Dawn (Dawn's World) sent this beauty all the way from New Zealand; I love the flower atop the striped background:


Thanks for stopping by and, if you're interested in participating, you can sign up HERE by December 6th for a special December exchange. Normally we would have a break in December for the holiday season but we felt some extra cheer and happy mail was needed this year!! Happy crafting!!



9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! Thanks for being a link in our chain, Linda, so glad you found us again, Jo x

Annerieke said...

Your card is awesome Linda! I love the colours and the shaker-part.
Hugs, Annerieke

Jean said...

Wonderful use of the colors!

HilaryJane said...

This is just gorgeous, what great use of stars xx

Dawn T said...

your card is delightful Linda and thanks for showing mine.

papierelle said...

Your card is beautiful. And your idea of using the beautiful star as a shaker card is great !!

Betty said...

what a great shaker, Linda - am sure Gail loved it!!

Rosemary said...

fantastic card, linda! i love your take on the sketch!

Greta said...

Love the star card you made & the floral card is beautiful!