Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Fun at Tic Tac Toe

Hey crafty friends - getting all your holiday chores done? I'm doing ok on that front but still have some to do, including a few cards to mail. I made time, though, to play in the current Tic Tac Toe Challenge where my friend Betty (created by bjk) designed the beautiful board!


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Holiday & Glitter;
Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - Hero Arts Stylish Stars (retired);
My Favorite Things Joy (retired)
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Snowflake (retired)
Other - star gem, foam tape



I chose the bottom row Stars-Metallic-Snow for a reason. We had our chorus holiday party last night and we were asked to bring a star. It was all virtual, mind you, and the party planner emailed all sorts of templates for people to print and cut their stars. I had plenty of star dies so I made my own, of course! Considered doing a banner to put behind me in my Zoom window but was too lazy. Instead I cut a trio of stars and layered them, then added the word joy. We're always trying to sing with joy at chorus, even in these crazy pandemic times when we're online and can't sing together! After the party, I turned my star cluster into a card. Just needed to add some snow to complete the tic tac toe so I went with an embossed snowflake background. Very quick and easy!!

Thanks for designing a fun board, Betty, and to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge team for the challenge! Hope you have a crafty day - I'm off to work on decorating my Christmas trees. Later....😀😀

8 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful star collection, and I enjoyed your story of how it came about!

Betty said...

love your card, Linda - and the story behind it makes it so special -and it's such an elegant classy card! thanks so much for making a card for my challenge - and hope to see you at TTT again in the future!

Rosemary said...

another wonderful design, linda! love those big stars layered on the snowy background!

Greta said...

Wow--this is fabulous, Linda! Love the story behind it! I have that ef & joy die--need to use them again!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Linda. Love the back story.

Cindy C. said...

So fun to hear about your card and the design! It looks wonderful!

papierelle said...

Beautiful!! I like the design!!

Jean said...

Love the colors! Love the texture!