Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Wildflowers

Hi all - I had some time in the craft room yesterday to create cards for Darnell's Twofer Challenge #27 with the theme of flowers. I made sure that one of the cards meets the current Stay Crafty with Hero challenge ending today. Here's my Twofer:


The flower stamp used for both cards comes from a Hero Arts/Basic Grey collaboration. I stamped it once in black for card one and four times in green for card two. I colored the flowers over the green ink with a dark purplish blue pencil. I've been making weekly cards for a friend so the "thinking of you" card will go to her. The thanks card will go to a friend who has had extra work challenges during this pandemic but still makes time to help our chorus have rehearsals on Zoom. Here's a look at each card with supply list:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV jewel A2 card; Poptone Black Licorice;
Momenta Watercolor patterns
Stamps - Hero Arts CL549 Butterflies and Wildflowers 
and CL980 Mother's Day (both retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things various Blueprints (retired)
Ink - Hero Arts Intense Black (from April My Monthly Hero kit - love it!)
Other - Foam tape; Michael's gems 

Supplies: Paper - DCWV green A2 card; Cardstock Warehouse navy;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side (patterned)
Stamps - Hero Arts CL549 Butterflies and Wildflowers
and CL434 Just Find Me (both retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired)
Ink - Memento Paris Dusk and Bamboo Shoot
Other - Michael's gems; Prisma colored pencils

Thanks for stopping! Thanks to Darnell and to Hero Arts for the fun challenges! Hope all is well in your part of the world!!


11 comments:

Betty said...

two lovely cards, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Linda, love the use of the flowers to create almost a frame around the card base. Such a great way to stretch the stamp. YOur lil row of blooms along the bottom is quite sweet too. Thanks for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge.

Cindy Beach said...

Beautiful cards, Linda! I love the flowers in green with the pretty butterfly accent. Both have pretty layers!

Darnell said...

Your wildflowers and butterflies made for two great silhouette card designs, Linda! I love your colors and blending and especially love the creative way you tucked a pp panel behind the focal panel on the thinking of you card! (Note to self!) Take care and continue to keep safe. Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #27! Hugs, Darnell

Marcia Hill said...

Two BEAUTIFUL cards Linda! I love silhouette cards so your 1st card got my attention right away and I love the background you used on that card too...very striking! Your 2nd card where you used the same floral stamp as a frame around your card is FABULOUS...never would have thought to do that but it definitely stretches your stamp and I need to remember that! Lovely, lovely cards and thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge! :0)

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Linda. Love the different designs with them.

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards, linda! so creative the way you used the stamp on the second card!

Greta said...

Love them both, Linda! Very creative use of that stamp!

AlisonC said...

These are both beautiful and I like the idea of stamping all around the card. :)

Anita in France said...

The dark silhouette blooms are fabulous against the dreamy background, Linda, so bold and perfectly accented with the tiny gems! What a great idea to use them to frame that lovely scripty sentiment on your second card ... they make a sweet home for that fluttery butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Jean said...

Both are beautiful!