Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Out of the Box using a Stencil

Hey there - thought I'd squeeze in one more card for the Stay Crafty with Hero Out of the Box challenge. This time I turned to a stencil for another couple fun techniques, certainly not new but effective.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV green A2 card; Neenah black and white; 
Paper Studio holiday green
Stamp - Hero Arts CL543 Very Merry Christmas (retired)
Stencil - Hero Arts SA132 Poinsettia Stencil
Other - Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Stickles; black pen; foam tape;
Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink; Copic Markers; Paper Studio gems

I started by inking up the stencil like a stamp and carefully placing the paper over it. Then I used an embossing mat and plate to run it through a die cutting machine, effectively doing a dry emboss and a letterpress in one step. Even though there are some inky swipe marks, I still thought it turned out so pretty! Next I used the stencil to draw a few poinsettias and fussy cut as a flower with leaves. Colored with Copics, covered with Stickles and stuck to my sentiment strip. Very simple card and fun to do!!

While a 2018 release, I just bought the stencil earlier this year and had yet to use it. So, I'm adding this card to Darnell's NBUS challenge too - I'm really getting to use some of my stash but playing along with that challenge!! Thanks to Hero Arts and to Darnell for these fun challenges! And thanks to you for the visit - hope you're staying crafty!!


Grab our badge to display on your blog.

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. Great use of your stencil this way. Looks awesome.

Rosemary said...

that background is gorgeous! fabulous out of the box technique!

Darnell said...

You're very welcome, Linda. Thank YOU for your support and sharing at NBUS! You did an amazing job embossing and pressing this poinsettia stencil as a beautiful background for your card! I love how you did the sediment panel, too! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Karen L K said...

Very nice card Linda! I think those ink swipes add to the look. Clever on cutting out the poinsettia and making them into leaves too.

Jean said...

Great use of that stencil!

Greta said...

I think the inky lines add to the wonderful look you got, Linda! Don't think I've ever done that technique, but you make me want to try it! Just love this creative card!