Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, May 2, 2020

April Card Chain Challenge

Hey all - even in these crazy times, we still want to stay in touch! I've been playing at the Card Chain Challenge lately and had signed up for April. To speed things along, I mailed my card in March, practically on the heels of my March card. This card went all the way to Suze in New Zealand; she lives not far from a spot I visited in 2005 when my quartet toured there. Thankfully, she received it in less than 3 weeks!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV lilac card, BoBunny and 
American Craft patterned papers; Neenah solid papers
Dies - Spellbinders Daisy 2 (retired)
My Favorite Things - various retired Blueprints
Avery Elle Quilted Frame (the interior oval)
Other - Dusty Concord Distress Oxide ink for shading; 
gems, foam tape

I went with the color combo which I LOVE, purple being my favorite color. The light was off when I took this but the card base is all the same lilac that you can see on the right of the card - so pretty and shimmery! I used a new-to-me Spellbinders flower set that I bought at an outlet before all the craziness with the pandemic began. I've really had fun with it and made a bunch of April birthday cards before deciding it would be perfect for the April CCC.

On April 25 I received a lovely card from Kath in the UK - couldn't believe how quickly it came through the mail from across the pond!!. I just loved the little purple birdies she added to a branch. You can see the full reveal here (updated with link!)

Thanks to Deborah, Gail and Jo for the Card Chain Challenge - I've really enjoyed getting back into it!! Thanks to you for stopping by and, if you're interested, you can sign up for the May chain until May 6th.
Badge Grab

8 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful purple goodness - love it all! it's been taking 3 weeks to get a card to England lately too!

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! So glad you've re-joined the CCC gang, Jo x

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card, linda!

Dawn T said...

Love all that purple goodness Linda. A superb card.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous card. The purples are beautiful. Glad your mail is getting through both ways. Hugz

Greta said...

What a beautiful card, Linda! Love those flowers & the design!

Jean said...

Your love for the color shines through here! Gorgeous combo.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and great color combo. Love it. TFS