Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Christmas Wreath with Berries

Hey friends - I'm back with a card to suit two challenges: CAS Christmas Winter Berries and Christmas Kickstart Wreathed in Smiles. I used a fun Hero Arts set with a layered wreath and loads of different elements to add, just sticking to groups of berries this time. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - special grey linen from Anchor Paper; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps with coordinating dies - Hero Arts CL907 Color Layering Wreath (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired) & Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window
Inks - Memento Rhubarb Stalk, New Sprout and Bamboo; Twisted Citron Distress Oxide
Other - Stickles; Paper Studio red gem; foam tape; Copic Markers

After checking out the two challenges, I flipped through my stash searching for likely stamp sets. I had a large pile but the one landing on top was the fun Hero Arts wreath set I chose. For some reason I have trouble lining up the second and third layers of the wreath but I just go with however it turns out!! The pale grey card with the white window layer reminded me of a door; I always have a wreath on my front door that changes with the seasons. I'm just realizing I forgot to take down the wreath with an Easter bunny on it - oops. Will have to remedy that asap!!

Thanks to Loll (host at CAS Christmas this month) and crew & Jo and her elf Robyn (coincidentally the person receiving my May Card Chain Challenge card) for fun challenges!! I probably will pop back in with another entry since my Christmas card stash needs building!

Thanks for stopping by!!

  



11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

A perfect fit for both challenges! Love that wreath and the bow is so sweet. Thanks for joining Robyn and I at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Bonnie said...

Your wreath is beautiful, Linda! It looks like you lined it up perfectly to me. Love the clusters of berries and the gray and white "door" it's hanging on! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

It really does look like a door with hanging wreath Linda! Great design. And I love that you've used gray to go with your beautiful green leaves and red berry wreath! Thanks for sharing at CAS Christmas!

Dawn T said...

What a great idea to have your wreath on the opening of your panel. It's just gorgeous.

Rosemary said...

your little wreath is perfection, linda! fabulous card!

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty wreath Linda. The die cut opening with the gray behind it shows off the pretty wreath. TFS

Jean said...

Fun use of the dotted frame die to pair with your wonderful wreath!

Anita in France said...

Such a gorgeous full, luscious wreath, Linda ... love how it pops against the crisp white ... and what fabulous shimmer on those berries ... so festive! Anita :)

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Linda, Love the colour combo with the green, red and grey. your die cut window is a great frame to the wreath. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Robyn Oliver said...

A gorgeous CAS wreath card Linda, loving the bright shades of greens and the pop of red with the berries... and then the white and grey background with stitched frame is a beautiful finish....thanks for sharing with Christmas Kickstart, Robyn.. and looking forward to my CCC card 😊

Greta said...

Just beautiful, Linda! I'm beginning to think I always just need to go with how it comes out for layering stamps as getting it "right" seems to be impossible for me!