Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

More Small Joys

Hey everyone - hope all is well with you!! I realized the latest Hero Arts Stay Crafty challenge runs through May 28 at 5pm PDT. Had some time today so decided to make an anniversary card for my friends Deb and Dave. I was in their wedding many years ago and always try to send a special card since I don't see them very often. I have many sets with bitty hearts that I thought would work for my small joy stamp.


Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts CL268 Warm Wedding Wishes (retired),
Other - Hero Arts Intense Black ink, Stickles, 
Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink,
Crayola markers & pencils

I combed through my stash and settled on an old Hero Arts clear wedding set with a small pair of toasting glasses as my main image. Using an A2 card (nearly the color of the bridesmaid dress I wore in the wedding), I cut a heart shaped window. I stamped the pair of glasses on the card inside through the window. I added a couple hearts (another small stamp in the set), colored them and added stickles. I drew a black heart around the window, masked the rest of the inside and inked the border. A bit of a mess there, oh well..... Next I shaded the glass and bubbles. I took a straight horizontal sentiment and curved it using a stamping tool to fit the negative of my diecut banner. Popped the banner into the negative to stamp it - I thought it fit the banner's curve pretty nicely.

Here's a view of the card's inside:

Inside sentiment - Taylored Expressions The Inside Scoop - Anniversary

Finally, here's the wedding set I used. Had to have it years ago, mainly for the wedding cake but I love the sentiments too!



That's it for today, friends! Thanks for stopping and thanks to Hero Arts for this fun challenge! I was able to use two small stamps that had never seen ink!!

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Lovely card Linda. Love the sentiment inside.

Cat Craig said...

Sweet card!

Betty said...

great card, Linda - m sure Deb and Dave will love it - the see through heart really makes the card!

Rosemary said...

your friends will really appreciate this absolutely lovely card, linda! I love that inside sentiment!

Greta said...

How neat you send anniversary cards to a couple whose wedding you were in! I keep in touch with Christmas cards with the only non-family members whose weddings I was a part of. Really love this card with the sweet images, heart window & wonderful sentiment!

Jean said...

Very fun - wonderful use of the stamp sets.