Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Out of the Box with a Mother's Day card

Hi all - I'm back with another "Out of the Box" card for the current Stay Crafty with Hero challenge. I realized when I went looking for a new challenge last Friday that #6 runs through May 7th. Yay - more chances to play! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Neenah black and white
Stamps - Hero Arts My Monthly Hero January 2019 (sold out);
Dies - Hero Arts Trellis & My Monthly Hero January 2019 
Other - Copic Markers; Memento Tuxedo Black and Rosebud inks;

I used another old out of the box technique of using a die to dry emboss paper. Just use your rubber mat and embossing plate instead of a cutting pad and presto - an embossed image. After I embossed the trellis gate into my paper, I used it to cut a mask out of printer paper so I could color the bits that would be open to the "sky". I made this into a Mother's Day card, plus made a few others. This one will go to my mom as she liked it the best of the ones I showed her - no surprises, oh well....

I'm also adding this card to the latest NBUS challenge since I've not used the trellis die before, nor the My Monthly Hero Kit containing the bicycle die and flowers. There's plenty more in the kit needing some love; I can't believe I waited this long to use it!

Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful week!!


Grab our badge to display on your blog.

8 comments:

Greta said...

The embossed trellis is so beautiful--love this card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

What a cool card Linda. The embossed trellis looks incredible.

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous Linda!

Darnell said...

I can see why your Mom loved this one, Linda! I do, too! It's a fantastic design! I never remember to use my dies as embossers, so thank you for the reminder. Take care and keep safe and thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

A gate, a bike, a sunny day scene - so much happiness!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful Mother's day card, Linda! Love using my dies to emboss!

Karen L K said...

Very nice scene! I need to give that embossing with a die a try.

Zoechaos said...

I'm completely charmed by your delightful card The arch is gorgeous and a great foil for the bike.