Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, November 7, 2019

It's Snowing!!

Well, not literally but we have had our first snowfall. But it's snowing over at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where the theme is Snow! I was lucky enough to win a prize over there - a darling image from WPlus9. Decided it would be perfect with falling snow behind. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Turquoise A2 card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - WPlus9 Holiday Hugs; Tim Holtz pine tree stamp from his Alcohol ink kit
Dies - Hero Arts Snowflake Confetti Fancy Die ; 
My Favorite Things stitched rectangle from a retired Blueprints set

I stamped the girl with bear image, colored with Copics, masked it off and stamped the trees behind. Die cut the panel to fit an A2 card and stamped the sentiment. Back in October I had used the Snowflake Confetti die to emboss on this card. Then I also cut a white panel with the die for another card (shown later in this post), saving all the little snowflakes and dots of snow that I didn't use on it. It was fun to arrange them falling down my Holiday Hugs card!

Here's a view of the stamp set I received from Jo at Christmas Kickstart - retired from WPlus9. Maybe you could find it elsewhere, although I didn't see it on a couple of crafty sites I usually visit... WPlus9 has the die available so I snatched that up for future use - along with a few other goodies - groan! Nice enabling, Jo!!


Here's the card I made using the negative of the snowflake confetti die - I love the black/white gold color combo:

Supplies: Paper - Poptone Black Licorice; Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - Hero Arts Snowflake Confetti Fancy Die and Joy Stamp & Cut;
Simon Says Stamp Holiday Frames;
Other - Corner Rounder; foam tape

Thanks again to Jo for the prize and for another fun challenge!

Challenge #23 Snow

Thanks for stopping and I hope you're having a wonderful & crafy week!!

9 comments:

Babs said...

Awe love your cute Christmas card, what a sweet image, and a fab wintery scene.
Babs x

Babs said...

Just popped back to say I am your latest follower.
Babs x

Betty said...

the black and gold card is stunning, Linda and the first card is such a cute scene!!

Dotty Jo said...

You are so sweet, Linda, and I am totally delighted to see what you've created with this cute stamp. You may have enabled me too as I love the trees in the background! Love your cards, thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Jo x

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of cards, linda! love your cute snowy scene!

Greta said...

Adorable first card & really love the second one--so elegant!

Dawn T said...

Two fabulous cards. Your bear and girl are adorable. And how elegant is your second one.

CinnamonSally said...

Cute card Linda, love that image and your second card is so classy.

Jean said...

Two terrific holiday cards!