Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Jolly Santa

OK - I made it back with another card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge. As promised, I used the vintage Santa image my friend Jean (Right as Rain) sent me this summer. Thanks again Jean!! Just love this guy and decided to stamp him in brown on an ivory card.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card
Stamps - Stampendous Jolly Santa (retired); 
Taylored Expressions All Tucked In - Christmas
Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Festive Berries, Old Paper
Other - Xmas Red Stickles

#24 Show Us Your Santas
This one's a true one-layer which I don't make often. I stamped Santa in Vintage Photo & inked the edges with Old Paper. Decided to stamp the flag banner directly overtop in red and then the sentiment in the corner. Added a few red Stickles to the holly berries and called it done!

I was so excited to get a package from Taylored Expressions with some November 2019 release items, including the clear set with the sentiment I used. I also bought the new All Tucked In box too - cute as can be!! That was the first thing I used out of the package but so far it's just a plain box. I'll blog it if I decorate it at some point but you can see fabulous examples at the TE link shown.

Just a quick post today - I'll be back on Thursday with a Thanksgiving post. Until then, happy crafting and thanks for stopping!!

8 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous classic designed card Linda!

Jean said...

Love the card! Wonderful use of the image.

Dotty Jo said...

Nice work on a one layer wonder, Linda! Another gorgeous Santa - so kindly looking! Your colour combo and mix of images is very stylish. Thanks for playing along again, always good to have you join the fun at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Vicky Hayes said...

Your Santa is perfect Linda! I love the way you stamped him in brown and then just added touches of festive red - and I always like a one layer card too! Vicky x

Dawn T said...

A really super Santa Linda. He's gorgeous. Love the vintage look.

Rosemary said...

What a fun Santa stamp, Linda! I can see why you wanted him. Your card is wonderful! Have a very happy Thanksgiving!!

Greta said...

Beautiful vintage card, Linda!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous santa and I like the red pennants as well. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz