Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, November 25, 2019

Santa Ho Ho Ho!

Posting two days in a row - so impressed with myself, LOL! Anyway, Jo has a Santa theme for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge & I just had to play along!! My intent was to use a lovely Stampendous cling stamp my friend Jean (Right as Rain) sent me this summer. Well, I was out of town without the craft crate containing that stamp - darn. Instead, I used a fun Penny Black stamp I found at my LSS a while back but hadn't used until now. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and colors;
American Crafts paper (a Target Hot Spot find a few years ago)
Stamps - Penny Black St Nick
Dies - Hero Arts Nesting Ovals Infinity Dies; MFT Blueprints rectangle (retired)
Other - Copic Markers, Hero Arts lacquer pen, Hobby Lobby gems


I started by stamping and coloring the Santa image, then added lacquer to the glasses. Once dry, I fussy cut Santa - now what to do with him? I decided to cut a lime green oval and placed the image on it but it looked odd - he's just a head! Decided to cut another oval & use part of it as the body. Added the head and some gems for buttons, then matted the oval with a darker green one. The sentiment is from the same stamp set but the last HO had a period after which I changed to an exclamation point using a black marker. Tried to cut a speech bubble but it didn't fit so I trimmed the sentiment to a rectangle. Inside the card it reads "Merry Christmas - you made the nice list" from a Hero Arts set. Now to figure out who's nice enough to get this one - LOL!

Thanks to Jo for another fun challenge! Pretty sure I'll be back with a card using the Stampendous Santa; I already pulled him out and am planning the card.... Hope you're having a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping!!

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

oh Oh, OH! He's as cute as his button nose, Linda!!! You can tell he's full of the Dickens with the twinkle in his eyes!
Thanks for stopping by, and for your sweet comment!
=]

Betty said...

darling Santa, Linda. recognized the cute background paper.

Trina P. said...

HO, HO, HO... he’s one jolly St. Nick. The bright cheery colours is fab and festive.

Rosemary said...

what a cute santa, linda! super fun card!

Jean said...

Perfect patterned paper for the cute image!

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous face this Santa has! I'm with Michele on the whole button nose thing. Love your bold colour combo, Linda. Thanks so much for playing along again, Jo x

Dawn T said...

Ho Ho Ho...what a great Santa. Love the lime green background.

Greta said...

Fun & festive!

ionabunny said...

What a mischievous santa he looks. Love the bright bold colours. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz