Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Warm and Cozy Christmas!

Hey there - hope you're having a great weekend! I'm skating in on the last day to play along at CAS Christmas where this month's challenge theme is Warm and Cozy. Hard to believe but this'll be their final challenge of the year. Almost time to start mailing out Christmas cards - OMG!! Are you ready? I'm am! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - sparkly card from a My Monthly Hero kit; 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar white; Poptone Black Licorice
Stamps - Hero Arts CL999 Holiday Mittens (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts DI643 Wood Frame Infinity Dies and
Other - Copic Markers; Michael's gems; Joy foam tape;
Fired Brick Distress Oxide and Memento Tuxedo Black inks

I have the matching dies for the mittens and hat but I stamped them a while back with some other images for coloring. Too close to one another to use the dies, oh well.... A cap and mittens make our Minnesota winters warm and cozy! If you believe that's all it takes, I've got a swamp in Florida to sell you - LOL! A heated seat and steering wheel definitely help! I have a small pile of snowflakes from a previous card where I used the negative panel - I've been adding them here & there to my cards - so cute!



That's it for today, friends. Thanks for stopping by!! And huge thanks to Loll, Bonnie and team for a year of inspiration and great challenges! Looking forward to more fun next year too!

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

This cap and mittens do look warm and cozy, Linda! They're very stylish too! I often stamp too close together to use dies too. You fussy cut really well! Love the little snowflakes and woodgrain frame! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Rosemary said...

the cap and mittens definitely look warm and cozy, linda! super cute card!

Christine Alexander said...

Super cute Linda, your hat and mittens are so wonderfully warm and cozy and love you wood grain background as a frame. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Dawn T said...

such a sweet and cute card Linda. Love teal and red together.

Loll said...

Sweet mittens and toque, Linda! Great colouring ... they sure do look warm and cozy! Love the woodgrain framing! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Trina P. said...

Oh, I guess you better sell me that swamp in FL then! 😂😂😂
A hat, mittens and throw in a scarf are definitely warm and cosy at least where I live. 😉 Your hat and mittens are adorable and beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Cat Craig said...

Those mittens and hat do look warm and cozy Linda, perfect for the challenge. Love your coloring.

Jean said...

A perfect combination of elements that really speak to the season!

Nance said...

Teal and red for Christmas cards is one of my top fave color combos. I love them on your hat and mittens. Lovely card. I love the trio of candles giving off their flickers of warmth! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas this month.

Greta said...

Love the mittens & cap--cute card, Linda!